Program Volume

DiScO

Program Volume
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »
Hi Folks,

Quick observation. Using program volume in misc parameters just now on the patch BigUnisonSync (F1 P8) and only one layer was affected, leaving the other layer at the original level unless I pressed and held edit layer B. Is this normal behaviour? I'm trying to avoid moving the master volume all the time and would have thought, as per name, program volume would adjust the whole patch, or program output simultaneously? Thanks.

Re: Program Volume
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »
Yes that is normal - that's how you adjust the mix of the two layers.  Otherwise you'd have to mess with both the Env Amt and Velocity in the VCA section. 

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
This is correct. However, you can adjust Program volume for both layers simultaneously as well. Enable Stack or Split mode, then press and hold Edit B until it starts flashing to enter Linked Layer Mode. At this point, any parameter you edit will be adjusted for both layers together.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

DiScO

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »
Ok so much like the P12 then? I was asking as the P6 has a dedicated knob for the program volume vs the main output and works well for me to adjust on the fly. Factory patches are so (for want of a better word) dynamic on all your synths. Mostly clipping my UAD inputs, some far too quiet. Personally, I would have thought program volume would adjust total O/P on all layers regardless. If not call it layer volume? Perhaps I'm missing the point but that would seem reasonable to me.