Is There Polymod-like Modulation?

Is There Polymod-like Modulation?
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:54:22 PM »
Hi

I may be just missing this but I can't find it so I thought I'd ask. I went to the modulation routings and thought I'd try modulating Osc1 with Osc 2 and I see it's not there.

Is there no way to do this with the Rev 2? I though for sure there would be the standard Prophet 5 routings like Osc 2 to the filter or PWM but the only sources I see are LFOs, Sequencers, Envelopes etc. The only one close is the Audio out which might work some of the time but not always.

Thanks
Scott

aeonn

Re: Is There Polymod-like Modulation?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:06:36 AM »
No, oscillators aren't available as a source for any modulation. Except for Audio Mod in the filter section but it affects the filter only.

You can sync the oscillators, so OSC1 is sync to OSC2 but it is still different than Frequency Modulation.

The closer you can get to it is by using an LFO to modulate the Osc Frequency. Then set the Key Amount (+127) to modulate the so called LFO so it will match the keyboard notes. Then you can adjust the LFO frequency to adjust the range to your taste. You could probably get nice results that way.

Re: Is There Polymod-like Modulation?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »
One thing I've been messing around is using the Audio Out as a mod source with an oscillator as the destination. Of course that means you're using all of the audio signal to modulate and not just an osc, but it can result in some interesting textures.