Case recommendations to carry a Prophet 08?

Case recommendations to carry a Prophet 08?
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:51:08 AM »
Hi, I'm looking for a case for my Prophet and would appreciate some feedback from users of hard or soft cases. Preferably a wheeled hardcase that I could find in a Europe retailer.
I'm also curious about the Mono Vertigo but it looks flimsy. Any experiences? If something is accidentally stacked on top of it... is there risk of damaging the knobs?

Thanks!

Re: Case recommendations to carry a Prophet 08?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:49:09 AM »
Moinmoin,

I bought my '08 at Thomann, ordering a bundle of synth with case.
I highly recommend a hard case, as the knobs are of small diameter but large height: They will surely break in soft cases if carried around (and stored) often!

So my advice is to ask Thoman (who also are a European retailer) for the case they delivered with the P'08 as a bundle. The P'08 itself fits exactly, the wall wart may need some extra care, however...

Martin

Quai34

• FORMER PROFESSOR AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SAINT-BONIFA
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »
I have two mono gig bag, both from Dave Smith because at that time they were cheaper than the mono ones... They are awesome, very protected, I like the foam that could be velcroed where you want. The fist is for my D50 that I use regularly in gigs and wanted a real good protection for a gig bag, even more than my P08...I have no regrets.... And at 220$ Can it's a good price....
Stage 2, NL2X+TC Pedals, Nord C2, Matrix 1000 X2, Proteus 2000, Prophet 12 & P08//Tetra+Eventide H9, TX802, Roland D50+PG1000, AX5080, AX keytar, Waldorf Streichfett, 2 Yorkville PS-10P, Bass: Ibanez SR1200+G&L L2000. Guitars: G&L Legacy HSS, Asat Blueboys, Asat Deluxe Savanna, Ibanez Artstar AS153

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:17:42 AM »
For a cheaper soft-case alternative I can recommend the "Clavia Nord Soft Case 3 61-Key" (about 100€). Fits the Prophet 08 like a glove, and the protection is decent.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Any of you have toured with the Mono Vertigo softcase?
The Roland D50 doesn't have high knobs as the Prophet and I'm sure that the Mono softcase does a great job at protecting it. I wish it would protect the Prophet just as good but as I'll be touring with it I might not risk it and go for the Thon PVC hardcase. It seems like a bitch to carry though! And then probably the Clavia Nord Soft Case 3 to complement in the future. You can actually buy those two for the exact same price as the Mono Vertigo Keyboard.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:33:01 PM by XJuarezz »

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 02:50:34 AM »
Moinmoin,

XJuarezz assumed:
It seems like a bitch to carry though!

That's definitely not my experience: The case is not heavy, as short as the P'08 - it fits the "trunk" (or so they call it) of a 2-person smart ;). I even transport it by bicycle, when commuting from my home to rehearsal. And nothing comes close to the easyness, if someone (or even myself) stores it when travelling to or from gigs...
I am in no way affiliated with Thomann, Thon or any other manufacturer. I just use and carry my equipment a lot and like it to be safe.

On the other hand I may be somewhat insensible regarding carrying issues, as I also play bass for about 30 years...  8)

Martin