DSI HQ Tour by synth4ever

dslsynth

DSI HQ Tour by synth4ever
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »
Just found this tour of DSI HQ by synth4ever on youtube:

I wanna see the back of the office too! . o O ( :-X )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

LoboLives

Re: DSI HQ Tour by synth4ever
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 04:55:34 AM »
Sort of depressing really that we'll never see something like the Prophet 10 again.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:44:40 AM »
Sort of depressing really that we'll never see something like the Prophet 10 again.

Your back will be thankful.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »
I was surprised they didn't have a Prophet VS  with the vintage stuff.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 05:31:32 PM »
A couple notes about the old SCI stuff. One, is we haven't made it a point to collect everything Sequential did. Most of stuff that is in the office is from Dave and used to be at his house, with the exception of a couple things that were gifted to us. The other is, we actually do own a Prophet VS rack. It's been "out for repair" for a long time now. Thanks for the reminder, I should check in on that...
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 01:06:03 PM »
A couple notes about the old SCI stuff. One, is we haven't made it a point to collect everything Sequential did. Most of stuff that is in the office is from Dave and used to be at his house, with the exception of a couple things that were gifted to us. The other is, we actually do own a Prophet VS rack. It's been "out for repair" for a long time now. Thanks for the reminder, I should check in on that...

Awesome, thanks!  The VS is still a very sought after synth for sure....I could listen to this beautiful demo for days:

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »
Ditto.  The VS has such a fascinating character.  I normally don't care for these sounds, but the whole VS/PEK gamut of sound captivates me.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »

Awesome, thanks!  The VS is still a very sought after synth for sure....I could listen to this beautiful demo for days:

You had a Prophet-VS Rack out for repair? Did it ever get repaired? I have had my Prophet VS keyboard for 18 years and it broke 2 weeks ago displaing funny stuff on switch on and with no response from the panel afterwards. This happened while I was using the arpeggiator. It just stopped in the middle and went to 00 with no response. Since then it has had this fault. Shame.

Prophet-VS Fault on switch on, some display lights, no sound.
I am in the UK so getting this thing repaired might not be easy. Anybody recognize this fault? Is it some kind of error code? One point to note is that one or two of the patch and other buttons are pretty dodgy, wonder if one of them is stuck.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 02:40:51 PM »
We have not gotten it repaired yet. If you send an email to our dedicated support channel and ask for a recommendation on getting your VS repaired we can point you in the right direction. We do know of someone that can likely repair it, but they are in the US so that may be fairly expensive for shipping alone:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

chysn

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 08:58:38 AM »
I worked at a retail musical instrument store back in the day. We had a good experience dealing with Wine County Productions to get a Prophet 10 fixed. We didn't send it in, but we were able to get parts from them so that our tech could fix it in-house. This was all 15 years ago, so I'm not sure if they're still a good source, but you can give them a try if you need a repair.

http://www.winecountrysequential.com/

Their website looks exactly like it did 15 years ago, I'll say that much.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his