polychain

polychain
« on: July 23, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »
I know there have been many topics, but what I haven't found:
can i polychain a mopho keyboard to 2 mopho desktops? (how?since the DT should be on the end of the chain)

And what kind of differences might you expect, than using a mopho x4?

Alternatively; is a mopho KB+mopho DT more interesting than a mopho KB+tetra DT?

Cheers.

panic

Re: polychain
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 02:34:17 AM »
Hello,
to answer your questions:
- you can't chain two mopho desktops to the mopho KB. You need to select the number of chained voices on the KB, it only allows 1, 4, 5, 8, 12 or 16. So not 2 (unless they changed it in an OS update).
- chaining to tetra instead of mopho DT is preferred for two reasons. First, you'll have more voices. Second, you can't control the feedback of the mopho DT with the KB.
- if 4 voices are enough for you, you don't need the external input of the KB and you don't need the multitimbrality of the tetra, the mopho x4 is the better choice: more keys and no need for an external mixer.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:06:06 AM »
I have been getting a lot of offers to swap one of my synths for mopho keys that their owner no longer has any use for.
would it be useful to polychain two mopho keys (if possible) and could the keys be used as a longer keyboard?
(this would be the opposite of keyboard split)

chysn

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
I have been getting a lot of offers to swap one of my synths for mopho keys that their owner no longer has any use for.
would it be useful to polychain two mopho keys (if possible) and could the keys be used as a longer keyboard?
(this would be the opposite of keyboard split)

Since Polychain only works in one direction, only one keyboard can be used to control both voices. The other keyboard will sit there and look pretty.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his