Mod sources

MDMA

Mod sources
« on: July 20, 2017, 05:40:07 AM »
Hi

Hope someone can help me out. I'm considering buying an OB6 but was wondering if the effect parameters can be assigned as a modulation destination? This is a great effect on the Rev2, where you set after touch to effect the reverb parameters, was hoping the OB6 was capable of similar modulation.

Thanks.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

autoy

Re: Mod sources
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:17:02 AM »
Nope, the OB-6 can't do that.

MDMA

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:33:09 AM »
Shame! Thank you the reply.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 01:27:16 AM »
Sadly not, the OB6 and Prophet 6 are quite basic in terms of Synthesis, they just have a solid sound and enough controls and functionality to make a lot of diverse sounds, but it can't compete with the REV 2 in terms of flexibility.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

MDMA

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I've never actually tried an OB-6, but have listened to hours of YouTube videos. Some of the sounds, especially pads seem very textured and I always assumed there was crazy modulation going on! Damn those filters really are nice.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
ob6 really sounds fat, frothy and 80s! i love this synth even though I am not a master at it. its really nicely done.

Devourer

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
Yep, I have a Rev2 as well and almost pulled the trigger on a desktop OB-6 before the financially sensible side of my brain got a grip on reality. If there was some sort of way to add an additional SEM Oberheim filter module, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.