SoundTower Editor Released

Re: SoundTower Editor Released
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 02:04:52 AM »
Hey guys,

Just wondering if they got the FX sections right with this new editor? I use the ST editors with my OB6 and the FX section is never correctly displayed, plus the LFO sync button in the editor is always turned on when I open it. Even if the preset currently loaded doesn't have the sync button turned on. Annoying as hell considering what I paid for both versions.

If they have managed to get it right with Rev 2 maybe there is hope for the OB6 editor.

seems to work all okay here
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 01:23:06 AM »
Is anyone using this in Ableton on Win7?  I just updated to version 1.22 of the SoundTower editor VST plugin.  I finally found some instructions that says you have to turn off the Rev midi stuff in Ableton for the Editor plugin to work in the DAW.  When I do this, I can finally get the Editor plugin to work with the Rev 2 like the standalone editor does.  The problem is that if I disable the midi connections in the DAW, the editor plugin controls all the parameters of the Rev 2 great, but I haven't figured out an easy way to both record and play back midi and use the editor plugin.

Anyone have any tips on how to set this up?

As best as I can tell, I have to put the editor plugin on midi track 1.  I have "Control Program Change with Automation", "THRU MIDI in Port -> Host", and "THRU Host -> MIDI Out Port" all enabled.  "THRU Host -> Host PlugSE Monitoring" is disabled.  I have a 2nd midi track (Midi track 2) that has "Midi From" set to the PlugSE plugin on Midi Track 1.  Midi track 2 has it's "Midi 2" set to "Track In" for Midi track 1.  Midi Track 1 Monitor is set to "In", and Midi Track 2 Monitor is set to "Auto".

I have an Audio track that deals with the Audio from the Rev 2 into my interface so I can record the audio too if I wish.

When I record, I record-enable Midi tracks 1 and 2.  On Midi Track 1, what gets recorded is the automation for any parameters I've previously configured in PlugSE and the midi note data.  On Midi Track 2, I get the midi note data I played.  The midi note data on track 1 actually gets ignored during playback.  (I can't figure out a way to record just the automation but not the note data on track 1, and I can't figure out a way to record the automation data at all on midi track 2). 

This is all a bit kludge-y, but it seems to sort of work.  Is there any easier/better way?

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 04:22:50 PM »

When I record, I record-enable Midi tracks 1 and 2.  On Midi Track 1, what gets recorded is the automation for any parameters I've previously configured in PlugSE and the midi note data.  On Midi Track 2, I get the midi note data I played.  The midi note data on track 1 actually gets ignored during playback.  (I can't figure out a way to record just the automation but not the note data on track 1, and I can't figure out a way to record the automation data at all on midi track 2). 

This is all a bit kludge-y, but it seems to sort of work.  Is there any easier/better way?

It do not work for me. I cannot record automation of the knob in Ableton Live. It's really frustrating. Everything work well except that.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 05:29:41 AM »

It do not work for me. I cannot record automation of the knob in Ableton Live. It's really frustrating. Everything work well except that.

Nevermind, I forgot to enable a parameter. It work now.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »
Anyone knows if there is a manual pdf or online for soundtower? I have the stand alone version

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
Anyone knows if there is a manual pdf or online for soundtower? I have the stand alone version

There isn't.  I bought this a month ago, and sent Soundtower the exact same question.  They said they had no documentation at all, and suggested to look at the documentation of the P12 product, as it was about the same.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2019, 07:23:38 AM »
Confirmed. Registering the software does allow you to edit the parameters via the editor, as opposed to the demo version which does not. And yes, it would have made it easier if they just mentioned that on their website.

Thank you for this!! I had exactly your experience and your questions.
Bill
DSI Rev2, Kurzweil SP2x, Omnisphere, Nave, Sunrizer.

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »
Hello,

I have a question regarding the Sountower VST/AU Editor before purchasing. I tried the Demo version and it seems to work fine in Ableton 11.

However, I want to use it to control the Prophet Rev2 in Multimode on, so I have setup two midi tracks in ableton: I load an External Instrument Device in each of these tracks, each sending to two adjacent midi channels (1 and 2), to control each timbre of the synth (it is bitimbral). Then I load the "Control" version of the Soundtower plugin (not the Instrument version) and put it after the external instrument device - two instances of the plugin, one in each track.

In the second track I try to activate “Edit Layer B” in the (Demo) plugin. It should work to edit/automate parameters on layer B of the synth correct (so second timbre)? Right now, in the demo version, it does not work (only layer A oscillator parameters are affected it seems, even with "Edit Layer B" button On/lighted), but I guess this is because “Edit Layer B” button is disabled in the demo plugin? Is this correct? Anyone with the paid version could try and confirm please?

If indeed we can have two instances of the Control plugin, and one can automate/edit Layer A, while the other automates/edits Layer B, then I believe the synth can be controlled in multimode (the two timbres separately by the two instances of the plugin), as outgoing midi channels are defined within the daw (track midi out through ableton’s external instrument device in this case). It would be great if so, as I plan to use the Prophet Rev2 as two independent synths in one box. But I don't want to buy the plugin and then find out it does not work!

Thanks in advance for your help, if you decide to try it.

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2021, 01:34:47 PM »
I'm not in front to test this right now, but I think you would just set the second instance to the midi channel of layer B, which is 1 higher than Layer A. For Instance, if you have the Rev set to MIDI Channel one, in multimode, Layer A will respond to MIDI Channel 1, and Layer B will respond to MIDI Channel 2. So just point the 2 instances of the VST editor to the 2 different MIDI channels. At least that is how I understand it should work. I can test it out later.