1.4 Software update but now Prophet 6 behaving erratically

Hi guys,

The other day I updated the new software and it seems that sometimes I go to move a knob, say the distortion or the release in the amp envelope and it takes me sometimes a few turns to get it working!
It never did this before the software update, only rarely did it do this. Sometimes it did do this when starting on an init patch.

It's kind of weird, with some knobs it takes a few turns, tonight I had to twist the distortion knob 6 times to get it working which is really annoying.

Anyone else experienced this? so tempted to go back to the original software but I can't enter a rest on the first step of the sequencer with the old software which is why i updated.

Also really curious, sorry off topic but when i go into live panel mode i get no sound either, is this normal? I am not sure I understand Live panel mode. Any help would be appreciated. Got to say I am loving the Prophet 6 sound :)

Re: 1.4 Software update but now Prophet 6 behaving erratically
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »
Hi guys,

The other day I updated the new software and it seems that sometimes I go to move a knob, say the distortion or the release in the amp envelope and it takes me sometimes a few turns to get it working!
It never did this before the software update, only rarely did it do this. Sometimes it did do this when starting on an init patch.

It's kind of weird, with some knobs it takes a few turns, tonight I had to twist the distortion knob 6 times to get it working which is really annoying.

Anyone else experienced this? so tempted to go back to the original software but I can't enter a rest on the first step of the sequencer with the old software which is why i updated.

Also really curious, sorry off topic but when i go into live panel mode i get no sound either, is this normal? I am not sure I understand Live panel mode. Any help would be appreciated. Got to say I am loving the Prophet 6 sound :)

Sorry just want to add...the last software update I did on the Prophet 6 was more then 2 years ago. Can I ask which was the last software update before 1.4 ?
I might try going to this version instead.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »
If you are using MIDI, unplug all MIDI and USB, does the Prophet-6 respond correctly then? If not, try a Global Parameters Reset by holding Global and pressing Write. Then, try changing the Pot Mode to Jump. This is accessed by pressing Global twice to get to the "yellow" row, then pressing button 2, and using the Bank/Tens buttons to navigate to "JUP". Press Global again to exit.

If this does not help, please contact our dedicated support channel and we'll get you going again: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:06:41 AM »
If you are using MIDI, unplug all MIDI and USB, does the Prophet-6 respond correctly then? If not, try a Global Parameters Reset by holding Global and pressing Write. Then, try changing the Pot Mode to Jump. This is accessed by pressing Global twice to get to the "yellow" row, then pressing button 2, and using the Bank/Tens buttons to navigate to "JUP". Press Global again to exit.

If this does not help, please contact our dedicated support channel and we'll get you going again: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

Thank you Sir, the jump thing worked it seems!

Hope I'm not jumping ahead of myself but no more erratic behaviour and Prophet responding as usual.

Hope this helps someone else.