Feature request : wait for clock to start sequence

Feature request : wait for clock to start sequence
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »
Hi,
At the moment, the sequencer starts playing whenever one presses play or switches pattern. So the player has to be exactly on cue, which is difficult as soon as the tempo exceeds 100bpm. It would be much better if the sequencer could "wait" for the clock (once play has been pressed) so then it would be completely synced to the incoming midi signal (or at least that should be an option). What do you think ?

thorp

Re: Feature request : wait for clock to start sequence
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »
Great idea!

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »
While not the same thing, you can likely use a workaround to get what you want by taking advantage of the Sequencer Jack trigger modes. Specifically, the Trigger setting will only start the sequencer when an audio signal is received at the sequencer jack. You may find one of the other modes useful as well. Check page 13 of the manual for an in-depth description.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »
While not the same thing, you can likely use a workaround to get what you want by taking advantage of the Sequencer Jack trigger modes. Specifically, the Trigger setting will only start the sequencer when an audio signal is received at the sequencer jack. You may find one of the other modes useful as well. Check page 13 of the manual for an in-depth description.

Thanks I tried a few days ago with no luck, but thanks to your message I insisted a bit and now it works like a charm ! (I had to invert the polarity of the impulse on my analog rytm, if that may help anybody)

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »
i too would like to see this implemented along with the ability to hold a sequence in memory so you could apply any sequnce to different patches like the AS-1.  no idea if that would be remotely possible?