TEMPEST 2 - is it possible?

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
TEMPEST 2 - is it possible?
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
I just want to ask if DSI thinking about TEMPEST 2?

If yes, please do not forget to add the reverb effect to this machine. Okay?! :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:08:39 PM by deepminddark »
Tempest for life.

RobH

Re: TEMPEST 2 - is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:13:18 PM »
I just want to ask if DSI thinking about TEMPEST 2?

If yes, please do not forget add the reverb effect to this machine. Okay?! :)

I think theres more chance of Linn releasing a Linndrum 2.0 than DSI doing another Tempest. You never know though i guess!

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 03:21:17 PM »
why not? DSI made Prophet rev2.. so i'm awaiting for the TEMPEST 2 and reverb is highly required.
Tempest for life.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »
If Roger releases a drum machine i'm buying it blindly...

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
me too! also i'm thinking about hybrid drum & synth machine with many effects on board.
Tempest for life.

RobH

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
why not? DSI made Prophet rev2.. so i'm awaiting for the TEMPEST 2 and reverb is highly required.

No reason xD

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »
So hope in Linn  ::)
Tempest for life.

RobH

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »

I've started on the Eurorack route but, tbh, I think that I'll end up with some of my percussion coming from my Euro, there is just so many options to build things exactly as you want them with Euro, so you can just get those 909 hats, that 808 kick, that ms20 filter, you can adjust the groove and timing of the triggers a lot more as well than a normal drum machine, its expensive and convoluted but, when you get a really nice oscillator and a couple of envelopes and start to build your drums from the ground up I don't know why but they sound a lot better, maybe its because your choosing every aspect, so your oscillator you'll head for the sine (where as Tempest has Triangle) etc etc. Subconciously you'll gravitate towards modules that have things on them you deem useful, so if you use a lot of white noise you'll end up with a module that has white noise on it kind of thing.

I'd probably look at a Linndrum 2.0 as well but other than that or possibly a TR8 just for a goto 909/808 setup, oh or a simmond SDS V, i think i'm just going to buy modules for my Euro and make any drums i need from that. You can get some seriously amazing modules for Euro the Cwejman range are fucking insane my next module is going to be their BLD because the Tempest kick never really did that much for me personally its ok, but, who wants ok? We all want "fucking amazing"!!! The Tempest overall is "fucking amazing" but it does lack in one or two areas I think if you want to get right down to the nitty gritty. Kicks and 909 hats... haha

RobH

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »

So what i'm saying is go make Tempest 2.0 ;)

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »
Very nice but i see it like this (in the future):

I'm taking my TEMPEST 2, going to the mountains or other lonely places, wearing a headset and making the most beautiful music in the world. :))))

btw. Electron released new machines, so my expectations are justified. :P

Tempest for life.

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
Line In is also highly required and flash memory for custom samples.  8)
Tempest for life.

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:48 PM »
Incidentally: I expect a monster inside a little (groove)box. ::)
Tempest for life.

RobH

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 04:23:05 PM »

I'm taking my TEMPEST 2, going to the mountains or other lonely places, wearing a headset and making the most beautiful music in the world. :))))

I've just got a picture in my head of your wife stood next to you calling you over and over but your not listening because you've got headphones one, LOL, be careful with those she might get mad!!!

RobH

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 04:23:59 PM »

We don't mention the "dream" anymore. lol. It would be sick awesome to be able to import my own samples into the T though i do agree and Line in too.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:25:38 PM by RobH »

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »

I've just got a picture in my head of your wife stood next to you calling you over and over but your not listening because you've got headphones one, LOL, be careful with those she might get mad!!!

My wife is used to it.. :D LOL :D
Tempest for life.

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home容cords label.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »

We don't mention the "dream" anymore. lol. It would be sick awesome to be able to import my own samples into the T though i do agree and Line in too.

So I had a dream...
I want it to be real..
Tempest 2.  ::) ::) ::)
Tempest for life.

bozo

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 02:58:17 AM »
If Roger releases a drum machine i'm buying it blindly...
Linn YES,
as for a t2 never.

LoboLives

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »
I think DSI sort of has a bad taste left in their mouth from the reactions from the Tempest. Too many people are complaining about what the Tempest is not as opposed to embracing what it is.

I would like to see Roger do a Linn Drum 2 but I'm not sure what he could offer to make a new digital drum machine stand out.

I know he mentioned he was combining elements of the Linnstrument, Tempest and Adrenalinn pedal into it...but I'm not sure how that would work.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:30:43 AM by LoboLives »

particlesintowaves

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 09:02:33 AM »
I love my Tempest with every breath but even I'll admit there's a few things I wish it could do. Some of those things are super basic, like sending its drum sequences out over MIDI. The Tempest really could be an "all in one" machine, in fact I still manage to use it that way relatively easily, but a few extra bells and whistles would make a lot of the gear in my studio obsolete.

Also, it needs more than one filter LOL

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »
I think a drum machine is redundant. The T alteady proved itself as a poly and I think workstation/sequencer is the next wave of hardware. Plus synthesis architecture which allows designing cymbals. More processing power as a v2 could be reality but am not sure it is worth it unless thry totally redesigned the sequencer and midi capability. But een with that....I'd want something revolutionary. The T already is a workhorse.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)