PEK and PER for Sale

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: PEK and PER for Sale
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 02:30:23 AM »
Just give me a compact monophonic synth that will take over the Evolver desktop.

Make it stereo-path like the Evolver... Two analog oscillators from the P6, two digital oscillators from the Pro 2 ... Give it the Pro 2's dual filter, one for each side.

Add two more sample oscillators, once for each side too for creating small looped samples and wavetables.

Keep the Pro 2 sequencer, but just strip the physical controls off the device, to save on cost.

Throw in the FX engine of the P6 in the end.

Make a mode that allow you to set the audio output to mono, and split the two sides into two layers instead, giving you a duophonic two voice synth.

Price it at about the cost of a Tetra, but no more!

If you want to let it go even further... create a multi-mode, that split the device into a 6 part synth, with each oscillator working alone on their own MIDI channel, using the FX engine with send amounts from each part, preferably an individual output from each oscillator for individual processing... such a mode would be perfect for making the synth into a 6 part drummachine giving you fat analog kicks and toms via the analog oscillators, Wild Snares and percussion with the digital ones, and the sample oscillators could be for hard to synthesize sounds... Make each part capable of having two distinct sounds, controllable from a different MIDI channel, essentialy giving you 12 sounds, two of which share the same voice (useful for choking sounds like HiHat's etc.).

Regarding the sharing of the two filters... Let these be routable to individual oscillators like an insert effect, so you can choose where to use them for greatest  flexibility.

Maybe a module for this kind of studio drumbox would be best as a module on it's own though to not make it too complex.

Anf of course: FULL MIDI CONTROL!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:37:03 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

dsetto

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »
i'm glad to find you all here. comforting. (I had seen the PEK/PER noisebug listing & thought of SS.)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »
Actually, I do have one of my PEKs up for sale.  And I'm terrified some one will buy it!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:08:13 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

dsetto

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 03:07:38 PM »
Hello. I stumbled into this nook because my instruments & synthesis desires led me to user waves. … However much all the DSI offspring entice, Tempest is my next. … And while I've never considered that in your land, I just did. And it was intriguing. (Think timpanis, bass drums, wood blocks, triangles, and space. Artful snare. What's harder to imagine … cymbals, gongs.) And I'm fairly sure that's last - if even included - in your long list of possible synthesizers to be.

But, I think that's the difference with Heaven and Earth. Percussion is grounded. And without, it floats.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2016, 06:17:34 AM »
I'm not quite sure if I understand you, Dsetto, so, please forgive me if I'm reading into your post a meaning that isn't there. 

It's true, I have no interest in the Tempest.  I have no interest in drum machines in general, nor in emphasizing rhythm as modern music does.  I much prefer and deliberately use a flowing free rhythm or rubato that allows the music to breath more easily and naturally.  That's my intent, anyway.   

However, classical percussion does interest me, and I've actually been thinking lately that I should add a few tuned percussive instruments to my set up -  triangle, chimes, and so on.  Timpani and gong would also be of use.  However, I don't listen to Tempest demos, nor have I heard any examples of the instrument producing the above-mentioned sounds.  So, if you have any suggestions - such as videos - I'd be interested to listen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:44:02 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

dsetto

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »
I shouldn't have overstepped my bounds by making suggestions on your music. But, yes, you did get my oblique idea. And no, I don't know of any examples.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »
I appreciate your suggestion.  It's actually a good idea.  Thank you.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »
For anyone who cares, there is a fleet of Evolvers on Ebay right now.  I don't know if this is a part of the rush related to wanting the new OB-6, but it is unusual to see so many.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:19:16 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 06:51:57 PM »
The dawn of a new era…

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
Sure, rub it in wise guy.  Why, I ought to go out and buy 'em all!

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2016, 07:13:40 PM »
One man has to build the 32-voice Evolver. 8 voices for each quadrophonic corner. Pure Evolver-gasm.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2016, 07:21:54 PM »
I think a twelve-voice Evolver would be just right.  Arpeggio paradise.

By the way, Noisebug has some interesting offerings:

http://www.noisebug.net/used.cfm

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »
I think a twelve-voice Evolver would be just right.  Arpeggio paradise.

You mean old school arpeggios? Because only the MEK has an Arpeggiator.

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2016, 07:28:14 PM »

Yeah, I benefitted from those deals twice. You can't say no to a synth and a shot glass.

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »
Btw, it's interesting to see the serial numbers on the boxes. The Prophet '08 is almost at 6000 and after not even a full year the Prophet-6 has sold in more quantities than the Prophet 12.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

Why, of course - played arpeggios.

You watch...you watch!  Some day there will be an Evolver revival.  Then everyone will want an Evolver.  All the kids will be dying their hair blue, and I'll be considered the coolest synthesist on Youtube!   8)

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »

Why, of course - played arpeggios.

You watch...you watch!  Some day there will be an Evolver revival.  Then everyone will want an Evolver.  All the kids will be dying their hair blue, and I'll be considered the coolest synthesist on Youtube!   8)

Actually, I was thinking about dying my hair grey-green. But I'm sure that the Evolver will reach a cult status in the future, quite similar to the Prophet VS, or even beyond since it came in so many variations.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2016, 08:14:33 PM »
My only hope now is that, in a few years, Korg will release the new Korg DSI Poly Evolver.  Oh wait, that would have mini keys.  Forget it....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:22:40 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2016, 09:29:25 PM »
My only hope now is that, in a few years, Korg will release the new Korg DSI Poly Evolver.  Oh wait, that would have mini keys.  Forget it....

Exactly!

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »

That's a sort of uncanny thought, though. Maybe there's going to be a 40th anniversary edition with µ-keys™.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:37:31 PM by Paul Dither »