Chain sequences/Change preset without reloading

Chain sequences/Change preset without reloading
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »
Hi all! Trying to wrap my head around this lovely synth. Is there a way to chain sequences together or a way to change presets without the sound reloading? I´m trying to tie several patches together without having the delay reload, and any filter tweaks etc jump back to start when I change presets.

best, Petter

chysn

Re: Chain sequences/Change preset without reloading
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »
Hi all! Trying to wrap my head around this lovely synth. Is there a way to chain sequences together or a way to change presets without the sound reloading? I´m trying to tie several patches together without having the delay reload, and any filter tweaks etc jump back to start when I change presets.

best, Petter

There are two things that might be of interest here.

First, if you hold down the SHIFT key while changing programs (while the sequencer is running), the current program will finish its sequence before switching to the specified program. This way, you can sort of chain sequences together manually, as a performance feature.

Second, there's a "Lock Seq" global setting, which keeps the sequence between program changes. You can also use this as a performance feature to have a single sequence repeat through several programs.

Hope that helps!
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »
Hi chysn! Thanks for your reply. The "shift trick" is what I´ve been doing now actually, and that helps with tying the sequence of sequences I´ve prepared. But I was hoping there was a flip version as well. Where you keep the preset sound, but only change the sequence. A sort of "Lock Sound" option. So I could tweak the knobs like a mad man, change the sequence and keep going.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »
Oh! That would be neat, but no, there's nothing like that within the Evolver itself. It would take an external sequencer, which could be used to dynamically update the Evolver's sequencer with Sequencer Parameters messages.

You could always copy the sound and change the sequence in each one. But like you said, you lose the changes you've made whenever the patch changes.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his