DAW MIDI Issues

DAW MIDI Issues
« on: July 16, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »
I'm having a weird issue with my midi. I have the REV2 set to midi channel 1 and in my DAW (Akai MPC Software) the midi channel is set to 1. When I press keys on the REV2 the sounds isn't as full as when I press it on another controller or playing notes from my MPC.  If I change the midi channel on the REV2 to 2 or anything else while the DAW is still on channel 1 it goes back to the normal sound, but of course the sound doesn't play on the other controllers.

If I disconnect it from my DAW and just play the REV2 by itself the sounds returns to normal.

Any one experiencing this or know how I can fix it?

I'm on the latest firmware

Re: DAW MIDI Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »
Hi,
for me it looks like a problem with a midi loop.
The DAW sends the note back to the synth and then it must play two notes of the same pitch at same time.

br

Milky Way Studio

• Combining artistry with sonic mastery.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:35:22 PM »
Maybe only layer A is getting played for you. Perhaps your DAW is inadvertently putting the Rev2 in bi-timbral mode when on channel 1?

Try turning off receiving parameters in the Rev2 MIDI settings and ensuring you are in mono-timbral mode.
MILKY WAY STUDIO | Galaxy Class Sound

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 04:49:11 PM »
I think it's my local control. If I turn it off it's normal again, but when it's on it's not playing correctly. The same with midi control. Turn it off and it plays normal.

Multi Mode is off and turning off rec params doesn't do anything.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
Yes this is a local control issue, turn it off when using it with a DAW. I too had the same experience, but all works as it should by turning off the local control.
Synth Arsenal - Access Virus TI Polar, Moog Sub37, Nord A1, Nord Wave, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland TR8, Ableton Push 2

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Yes this is a local control issue, turn it off when using it with a DAW. I too had the same experience, but all works as it should by turning off the local control.

Thanks. After reading the manual I figured that was my only option. It's just annoying go have to do that because I don't have to do it with any of my other synth. Is there a reason why it's this way on the REV2? I don't think I had this issue with the Prophet '08.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
Yes, the REV2 is also the first synth I own where I've had to turn LOCAL OFF when using with Logic.  All my other synths (including DSI synths) worked without having to do this.

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 06:11:07 PM »
I noticed this issue in Reaper.

I got around this by turning the record monitoring off on the MIDI channel in Reaper.  I'm pretty sure that this should be an option in other DAWs as well.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 11:45:38 PM »
Yes, the REV2 is also the first synth I own where I've had to turn LOCAL OFF when using with Logic.  All my other synths (including DSI synths) worked without having to do this.

Ok, I'm glad it's not just me. Hopefully they will stick there head in here and explain what's going on

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 11:46:47 PM »
I noticed this issue in Reaper.

I got around this by turning the record monitoring off on the MIDI channel in Reaper.  I'm pretty sure that this should be an option in other DAWs as well.

I didn't see it in FL Studio (testing in another DAW) or in Akai MPC Software.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 05:01:35 AM »

Same goes with me. It gets a little annoying having to turn that off and then use my DAW to cycle through presets instead of the knob itself