Possible issue: Sequencer setup

Possible issue: Sequencer setup
« on: July 13, 2017, 06:42:03 AM »
So I'm LOVING my REV2 so far.  It's the most amazing piece of electronic gear I own and the sound is indescribably good in a live setting.  I've come across my first potential issue, though:
When digging into the sequencer functionality and trying to assign values to each of the steps, I found the values began to kind of jump on their own, one time to the degree that it took me out of the current menu and when I twisted the value knob it used the global setting and cleared all my progress.
Is this a bug or is it possibly another occurrence of the "jumpy encoder" thing I keep reading about?  Have any of you experienced this?  Is it worth contacting DSI support for?

Re: Possible issue: Sequencer setup
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »
whats your serial number? Did your unit ship with 16 voices or 8?

Sounds like a candidate for the jump encoder phoenomen others have discussed...

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
Didn't see your reply until just now :(.  It's the 16 voice unit.  Serial: 2816-00067

whats your serial number? Did your unit ship with 16 voices or 8?

Sounds like a candidate for the jump encoder phoenomen others have discussed...

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 05:41:32 AM »
There's a nice thread regarding the jumpy encoders. You have a super early serial number (awesome!). I'm still waiting on the preorder i I have to get filled (I'm based in Los Angeles, USA) so hopefully dsi have resolved this issue with the boards  by now.

Thank you for answering my query...

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:01:10 AM »
I've seen that thread and was really hoping this was something isolated.  I'm going to jump in there and see what can be done, I guess.  Good luck with yours..I hope they've fixed it, but either way it's going to blow you away!

There's a nice thread regarding the jumpy encoders. You have a super early serial number (awesome!). I'm still waiting on the preorder i I have to get filled (I'm based in Los Angeles, USA) so hopefully dsi have resolved this issue with the boards  by now.

Thank you for answering my query...