Availability of voice-expansion?

sEIGu

Availability of voice-expansion?
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »
First of all: thanks for this fantastic instrument. It seems, i'm owning one of the first Rev2 in germany, due to my early order months ago without having touched the thing in a store. And i am not disappointed! The Rev2 is a huge step to the Prophet 08.

Musicians are always low on cash (tell me, i'm not the only one!), so i only ordered the 8-voice. But due to the delay of delivery in germany, i could save a few bucks. :).

Is there any date, the voice-epansion will be available in germany? No one of the great distributers has a listing yet.

Re: Availability of voice-expansion?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
Congrats on the new Rev2! The voice expansion kit is available through our web store, so I would imagine the EU dealers will have them in stock in not too long. We don't have any arrival dates for specific dealers, but if you inquire with them directly they may be able to give you a timeframe.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

kobuz

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »
Can't you go back to your dealer and trade your 8 voice in for 16 voice?

sEIGu

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
Hey, i waited for this machine four months :) I'm not giving it away anymore.

Thanks for the information. It's not as urgent, but many (good!) programs demand 16 voices.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:07:09 PM »
here in the US im still waiting for my 16 voice to be shipped. im told 2 more weeks....

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 06:03:57 PM »
Congrats on the new Rev2! The voice expansion kit is available through our web store, so I would imagine the EU dealers will have them in stock in not too long. We don't have any arrival dates for specific dealers, but if you inquire with them directly they may be able to give you a timeframe.

I'm looking at getting this expansion card. but how in the hell do you install it? I mean do I really have to start opening up the synth with the possibility of messing something up?

Andy

MDMA

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:53:35 PM »
Yes!! Doubt it'll work sat on top of it tbh.

Unscrew a few screws and plug it in, should take you ten minutes. You're not being asked to solder or remove IC's!! It's made very simple.

If you don't feel comfortable, feel free to ship it to me and I'll fit it at an exaggerated cost, the same any tech would lol.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 11:24:32 AM »
Detailed, step by step installation instructions with pictures are provided with the kit. If you can use a screwdriver, you can install the voice expansion. It's an easy procedure and does not require any electronics experience.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 12:52:44 PM »
Yes!! Doubt it'll work sat on top of it tbh.

Unscrew a few screws and plug it in, should take you ten minutes. You're not being asked to solder or remove IC's!! It's made very simple.

If you don't feel comfortable, feel free to ship it to me and I'll fit it at an exaggerated cost, the same any tech would lol.

lol Funny guy. Thankyou for your replies gentalmen.