Subotnick Documentary

chysn

Subotnick Documentary
« on: July 01, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
A documentary about Morton Subotnick is in production, by the team that did I Dream of Wires. They're raising money on Indiegogo to finance the rest of the film, and they're at 90% with 19 days to go (as of July 1). If you have any interest in supporting the project, here's the link:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/subotnick-portrait-of-an-electronic-music-pioneer#/

And here's a video:
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: Subotnick Documentary
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 10:29:33 PM »
Cheers for the heads-up.
I hope it's better than I Dream Of Wires.  That film was so boring, even worse than Beep and 808 (well maybe not as bad as 808).  Different people saying the same thing only in different words does not make a documentary.
The teaser makes it look like it might deliver.

chysn

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »
I enjoyed I Dream of Wires. I guess a documentary can only be so exciting.

Anyway, this project is now fully-funded, but there's time left to get any of the rewards. I've got a signed record coming, which will be a real treasure.

I'll be at the premier of Crowds and Power at the Lincoln Center in a couple weeks. This video was a neat preview.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
Ooh! My Indiegogo backer reward came this week! Silver Apples of the Moon, 50th Anniversary edition on orange vinyl, signed by Subotnick. I played it once, just to verify that they didn't accidentally press like The Eagles Greatest Hits Vol. 2 or something.

Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

ddp

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:46:46 PM »
Awesome!  I just got that on CD!  I saw him at Moogfest last month!  Be aware of this: http://www.cykik.com/quad/ciani
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.