I wish...

Thom

I wish...
« on: July 01, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
I wish...
that you could remotely control Beat Selection and Sound Muting at the same time via incoming midi notes.

You can currently choose to do only one or the other (or sound trigger).

To be able to do both simultaneously would set  the 'pest free for remote operation in studio recording and live contexts.

Seeing as both are currently possible, if seems (from my admittedly naive pov) that it wouldn't be a huge leap to enable both remote functions at the same time.

There are only 32 sounds to mute and 16 beats to select. That easily fits within the note range of 0-127 on a single midi channel as remote control is currently implemented.
You could even fit in 32 triggers as well and still have midi notes to spare!

:-*

Re: I wish...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 06:29:16 PM »
Aaaa that brings back memories from the feature request thread...

idm

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 01:47:18 AM »
As long as we are wishing for things... They are not adding new features anyway...

If only they implemented Mido note control differently... It would have been incredible if, instead of assigning notes to control a pad by midi, it was possible to select different channels for each pad and have the root note be the note that triggered the pad.

That way a sequencer could control the Tempest as a drum machine, mono synth, and poly synth at the same time.

RobH

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:47:56 AM »
Wait wait I've got a good one!!!

"Godfather (of midi) III"