Patch Librarian

Patch Librarian
« on: June 26, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »
Any patch librarian software that work with the REV2, might be a bit early but no harm in asking :)
Synth Arsenal - Access Virus TI Polar, Moog Sub37, Nord A1, Nord Wave, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland TR8, Ableton Push 2

Re: Patch Librarian
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:51:00 PM »
A Soundtower one, probably, which will cost.  There's always MIDIOX if you just want to backup the user banks.

My £300 Novation Mininova came with superb (free) editor and librarian software. 
DSI: P12M, Rev2-16.  Roland: JV-2080, JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, TR-08, TR-09, Moog Subsequent 37, Alesis QSR, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Novation Mininova, Yamaha Reface DX, Marshall JMP-1, Boss GX-700, Oberheim GM 400, mostly Yamaha guitars apart from a Fender Telecaster.  Oh, and lots of cables.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »
Any patch librarian software that work with the REV2, might be a bit early but no harm in asking :)

I've been talking to Alexey at codeknobs and he's about to work on a patch editor/vst for it.  Not sure when it will be available, but I know he'll post here once it's done.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 03:03:36 PM »
I didn't expect it to come this quick, but I'm currently beta testing the Synthet app for REV2.  Hopefully all the bugs will be ironed out quickly.  Man have I missed this app since selling my Prophet '08, glad to have it back.  Patch management is excellent.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:45:34 AM »
I didn't expect it to come this quick, but I'm currently beta testing the Synthet app for REV2.  Hopefully all the bugs will be ironed out quickly.  Man have I missed this app since selling my Prophet '08, glad to have it back.  Patch management is excellent.
Good news, look forward to using this soon :)
Synth Arsenal - Access Virus TI Polar, Moog Sub37, Nord A1, Nord Wave, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland TR8, Ableton Push 2

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
Just aheads up.  One thing that you'll have to do to get your Prophet '08 patches in Synthet is you have to import them into the REV2 first and then you can dump them using MIDIOX or whatever it is for OSX to your computer and make it REV2 format.  He said they their sysex formats are different so you can't directly import the '08 sysex files into Synthet.  It doesn't take long at all. 

Or you can import them into your REV2 and then use Synthet to export them to your computer or to the program manager. 

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »
Just aheads up.  One thing that you'll have to do to get your Prophet '08 patches in Synthet is you have to import them into the REV2 first and then you can dump them using MIDIOX or whatever it is for OSX to your computer and make it REV2 format.  He said they their sysex formats are different so you can't directly import the '08 sysex files into Synthet.  It doesn't take long at all. 

Or you can import them into your REV2 and then use Synthet to export them to your computer or to the program manager.
Can't see that really being a problem regarding the Prophet 08 patches.
I would rather have a VST/AU editor as it will automatically load the patch with whatever track your working on in your DAW, standalone editors don't do this! Be interesting to see if SoundTower release a VST editor, I did email them but got no reply at all!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »

Can't see that really being a problem regarding the Prophet 08 patches.
I would rather have a VST/AU editor as it will automatically load the patch with whatever track your working on in your DAW, standalone editors don't do this! Be interesting to see if SoundTower release a VST editor, I did email them but got no reply at all!

I can see that! I use a DAW where I can't load a VST editor.  There will be VST for this as well.  I know he's working on it.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 08:17:26 AM »
Are you just using the "Universal" version or are you working with a beta of a specifically REV2 branded version of Synthet?  If this works with "universal" now, I wouldn't be opposed to just buying it, but if there's going to be one with some specific changes I'll wait.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
Are you just using the "Universal" version or are you working with a beta of a specifically REV2 branded version of Synthet?  If this works with "universal" now, I wouldn't be opposed to just buying it, but if there's going to be one with some specific changes I'll wait.

Not sure if I'm understanding what you mean by universal or specif branding. Could you explain further? From my understanding Synthet supports a number of DSI synth and he's now adding a layout for REV2 support.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:09 AM »
So I don't know much about the poly sequencer because I'm still fairly new to synthesis and I want to know if you think being able to edit the poly sequencer from the app would be beneficial or a waste of time to implement because it wouldn't be used?  It was a question Alexey asked me. 

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 09:49:31 AM »
Oh, I think I got confused by the layout on the codeknobs site.  Looking now I see the Tetra stuff is VST only and then the Synthet thing is standalone.  Sorry for the dumb question!

Not sure if I'm understanding what you mean by universal or specif branding. Could you explain further? From my understanding Synthet supports a number of DSI synth and he's now adding a layout for REV2 support.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »
Oh, no problem at all. There should be a VST version I'm the near future.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:51 AM »
The standalone editor for REV2 is now available.  It hasn't been added to the supported devices list yet, but I just downloaded it and it works.  Try out the demo.

http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=6

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »
Hi,
So I don't know much about the poly sequencer because I'm still fairly new to synthesis and I want to know if you think being able to edit the poly sequencer from the app would be beneficial or a waste of time to implement because it wouldn't be used?  It was a question Alexey asked me.

it depends. ;)

If it is very easily editable then it has a benefit.

What I don't understand is that each program on the Rev2 can have a poly sequence.
How does the actual app then handle this?
Does it ignore/delete the sequence?

br

Devourer

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 12:01:27 PM »
There really should be some type of organization for the patches on board. It's an absolute nightmare trying to find anything. Why not have separate banks for bells, strings, brass, pads, leads, etcetera; as well headers for user banks allowing the same type of organization & a live bank for quick recall? I realize there might be some kind of issue due to the bi-timbral nature of the synth, but it still seems like most of these patches easily fall into certain categories.

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 09:06:56 AM »
Tried the demo and for me it's not as good as the SoundTower Editor, it not's particularly well laid out in my opinion and visually not as nice to use, however function over looks I guess.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
Hello,

I'm having problems importing Prophet '08 patches into the REV2 using SysEx Librarian on a Mac via USB.
1) Connected via USB
2) Press Global button on REV2
3)  Select Midi Sysex cable and choose the value of USB
4)  Open SysEx Librarian and select destination Rev2
5)  Try to send .syx or .mid program patch using play button
5)  Completes in SysEx Librarian with "Sending message..." "Done"

7)  The patch stays the same on my Prophet Rev2 :(

Is there something that I'm doing completely wrong?  Do I need a different patch librarian? or convert the files to another format?  Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
Hello,

I'm having problems importing Prophet '08 patches into the REV2 using SysEx Librarian on a Mac via USB.
1) Connected via USB
2) Press Global button on REV2
3)  Select Midi Sysex cable and choose the value of USB
4)  Open SysEx Librarian and select destination Rev2
5)  Try to send .syx or .mid program patch using play button
5)  Completes in SysEx Librarian with "Sending message..." "Done"

7)  The patch stays the same on my Prophet Rev2 :(

Is there something that I'm doing completely wrong?  Do I need a different patch librarian? or convert the files to another format?  Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.
The same thing with me.
I tried to move my patches from tetra (stored via synthtet) to my rev2(via synthet) and have no result!
Before trying to do it with synthtet, I have tried to do it with sysex librarian without sucsess.
Also I even cant find info about tetra and rev2 patches compatibility . But if tetra and P08 patches are compatible and P08 patches compatible to rev 2, should tetra be also compatible with rev 2?I hope so)
Will be very thankful for any help with this because I've recently bought rev2, and now I'm forced to sell tetra, on which I have lots of very important patches.

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
For importing Prophet '08 programs to the Rev2 via SysEx Librarian, it appears your steps are correct. You're indicating SysEx Librarian sees the Rev2. You do have to exit the Global menu on the Rev2 for the selection to be saved, so make sure you're doing that before sending the programs.

For the Tetra, the SysEx instrument ID is different for every synth which is likely why it's not working. On the Tetra itself, you can simply dump your programs in Prophet '08 format by navigating to the Program Dump option and then using the +/Up Arrow button to select P8. Save the resulting SysEx file and load it into the Rev2. You should also be able to dump the programs directly from the Tetra to the Rev2 with a MIDI cable, but it's nice to have a backup as well.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM