Out of Sync with Ableton

Out of Sync with Ableton
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »
Not sure if this problem is because I haven't got the REV2 setup correctly, it's attached to my Mac via USB. I can play a midi clip that I've recorded in Ableton on my Virus TI and it's in time with my drum machine, when I try the same thing on the Rev2 it seem to be out of time! I haven't tried this via midi connections yet.
Synth Arsenal - Access Virus TI Polar, Moog Sub37, Nord A1, Nord Wave, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland TR8, Ableton Push 2

Re: Out of Sync with Ableton
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
Is the clock option set to USB in your Global settings? Also I've never had good experience with USB, always latency. I use it for my APC40 and foot controller (just a torn apart rigged up computer keyboard) but as far as clock, playback, midi note send, plugging in drums on USB drum pads, no way for me.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
That being said, they've acknowledged that the LFO clock sync and FX clock sync need patched as they are unaffected by the clock tempo. However, my arpegiator and sequencer stay on fine.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »
Yeah I'll give it a go connected via midi leads and see if that solves the issue!
Synth Arsenal - Access Virus TI Polar, Moog Sub37, Nord A1, Nord Wave, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland TR8, Ableton Push 2

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
MIDI DIN or USB will both work, as long as you have the appropriate settings selected for either one. I would also look at the MIDI Delay Compensation setting in Ableton, syncing externally clocked instruments is exactly what that feature is made for.

We've fixed the LFO and effects not responding properly in the latest OS version, available here in the Rev2 forum. Check it out if you haven't already!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM