Different pitch shifting bug

Different pitch shifting bug
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
This sounds different than the octave jump osc bug people are having...my first osc in the layer being edited (stack patch) keeps jumping up a major third so often that I haven't made it through this 7 minute song a single time without it happening and I've been playing it all week. At this point I have no choice but to just forgo using my first osc...anybody else having this issue?

Re: Different pitch shifting bug
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »
I'm wondering if this is a result of the update to 1.0.4. as I didn't experience this before.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:17:19 PM »
If you still have the previous OS try downgrading and see if the issue persists.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 11:08:03 PM »
I do not have it unfortunately. Got mine at 1.0.2 and have since updated to 1.0.4

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 08:02:51 AM »
Please write in and we'll send it to you: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »
I am enjoying the LFO and FX sync enough from the new update that I haven't yet gone back to the older OS. Mostly curious if anybody else has experienced this major third bug though?

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 03:10:14 PM »
We are trying to track down any possible pitch-related bugs at this time. If you have any reproducible steps or further information, we'd love to hear from you!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:19 PM »
I will run tests on it in the upcoming days if I can. Sorry I've been super busy and have to narrow it down. One thing I can say is it seems REALLY prevalent on a split patch I have where the left side (A) is a poly pad and the right side (B) is a mono synth. The frequency at which the pad (A layer) gets the major 3rd up harmonization is pretty absurd. I don't remotely mean that in a negative way, but it's rare that I make it through a 7 minute improv without it happening. I will try to diagnose specifics this week.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 03:47:32 AM »
Hello. I love the REV2. DSI should be proud of their work here.
I've experienced the pitch shifting (octave up) issue a couple of times before but I've not been able to reproduce it reliably.

The issue below describes using the SOURCE button to set the source parameter to a mod slot. I was unable to assign the same source to adjacent mod slots using the [source button]+(knob) procedure.
However I can assign the same modulation source in adjacent mod slots using the (value) knob just fine.
There are other issues relating to assign mod slots I believe are related so I will limit my description to this.

Serial No: 2808-00069
Voices: 8

Steps to reproduce:

1) reset to default patch: [down]+[up]+[hold]
2) set modwheel as source for mod slot #1: [source]+<move modwheel>
3) set cutoff as destination for mod slot #1: [destination]+(cutoff)
4) set mod amout to anything: (amount) = 64
   Screen should look like

Mod Slot 1
   Source       Modwheel
   Amount         64
   Destination Cutoff

5) change to mod slot #2: (select)
6) set modwheel as source for mod slot #2: [source]+<move modwheel>
   There is no response.

You can however set the modwheel as source using the (value) knob next to the display.
If you assign a different mod source in slot #2, you can assign modwheel to slot #3 using [source]+<move modwheel> procedure successfully as long as the previous slot does not use modwheel as a source.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 02:55:49 PM »
Still has nobody else here experienced this issue? Because it's created technical problems at every performance I've used it in this far and I'm starting to get worried. Over on the "DSI Prophet 8 and rev 2" Facebook page one other person said he's been having the same issue (Maj 3rd, not octave). This is otherwise the best synth I've ever played, I can get past the other glitches but this is pretty horrifically unusable currently. Going to hit a series of seventh chords through some jazz changes and having them all be harmonized up a major 3rd is...concerning to say the least. Also when knob tweaking live (I don't even risk changing osc freq live due to this issue) the best way to salvage the performance is to move to a new patch and back to the original, but that eliminates any live tweaking I did...hopefully this gets figured out because I play live a lot and it's not reliable at all. I'd say I can't go 15 min without it happening.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »
Can't you record and show us what it sounds like?

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 04:45:47 PM »
Is that really necessary? Just put your first osc up to E4 on your A layer while having osc 2 at C4. I've never heard it in the act of jumping or anything.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 04:51:07 PM »
When you have encountered the issue, are you externally clocked and using the MIDI DIN port to transmit clock data to the synth?
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »
I do always have the midi IN port coming from my interface yes. It's simply like that at all times, so I haven't noticed if there's a correlation or not. I'll remove all midi cables and try again. Will say I don't send anything but clock ever so I'm skeptical it'll matter but I'll check later for sure.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 04:07:26 PM »
A potential fix has been implemented in the new 1.0.6.2 BETA OS.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim