MIDI Synth In Channel Question HELP!

MIDI Synth In Channel Question HELP!
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:15:13 PM »
Hello all, I just got a Tempest a few days ago and I'm still learning how to navigate by reading the manual, reading threads and watching DSI tutorials. Everything seems to be pretty simple, except when I try to control the Tempest from my MIDI controller.

I believe I've got all my setting on the Tempest as they should be. On the Tempest, I've got Midi Synth IN Channel set to Channel 1, and MIDI Synth Sound set to the pad which I want to control, and that pad is set to 16 tunings.

The problem I'm having is that the controller will play SOME notes, but only a handful. Also, they do not correspond to the physical notes being played on the MIDI controller. Very strange.

I'm using the AKAI Advance 49 as my MIDI controller (MIDI out set to B-1 which sends MIDI out the MIDI port, A-1 is reserved for USB), but to troubleshoot I tried controlling with my Roland JX-3P and get the same results.

Am I missing something simple? Has anyone had the same or similar thing happen?? and if so, how do I remedy this??? I purchased mine new, but it was a floor model at a reputable shop, just wondering if there's something wrong with the unit, or if it's just user error.

BTW I am running OS 1.4, which is what was loaded on the unit when I purchased. I did see that there's a 1.5 out now but I couldn't find where to download.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Re: MIDI Synth In Channel Question HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 02:48:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum,
First of all Tempest cannot record polyphonically..The latest OS is Main OS 1.4.5.14 and can be found here at the bottom of the first post (you have to be logged in):
http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,586.0.html

Re: MIDI Synth In Channel Question HELP!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:54:17 PM »
 :) Thanks for the response Yorgos Arabatzis.  Almost immediately after i posted my question I was able to find the link you sent and downloaded the voice and OS update, and it fixed my issue. I knew that it could only record monophonic lines, I was having some other weird occurrence where it would only play selective notes. Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks again for the quick response. This is my favorite piece of get to date, can't wait to fully know it's limits!

Cheers