The end of Mopho x 4 is nigh

cbx

The end of Mopho x 4 is nigh
« on: June 23, 2017, 06:05:27 AM »
Now that Behringer has released a 12 voice Junoish synthesizer for a grand. Well, nobody is going to buy a Mopho x 4, it's design is obselete now on the market.

But! The new Prophet Rev2 can have up to 16 voices. While the Behringer is pretty nice.

Re: The end of Mopho x 4 is nigh
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »
The Mopho x4 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. More voices and a lower price do not unequivocally equal a better synth. There are a lot more things at play than just those two bullet points. The UI, build quality, voice architecture, and sonic signature are just a few of the obvious considerations regardless of price or number of voices.

Beyond that, instruments are very personal choices for musicians and synthesists so there is no one clear winner no matter what the spec sheet says. While one instrument will speak to one person, another person may have more of a connection with different instrument altogether. It all depends on what *you personally* get along with.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: The end of Mopho x 4 is nigh
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:51:10 AM »
Most people I've heard that tried the DeepMind say that it's an OK synth, but that there is nothing about it that triggers them to really want one... I've not tried one myself, but it's just what I hear people who tried it say... if there is a bit of the "Behringer Placebo Effect" involved I cannot say.... but still... the pricepoint is it's strongest point still, plus the built in FX section.

For me there is no use for the Behringer... neither any of the analog DSI synths... my Prophet 12's oscillators and the semi-modular approach is much more versatile than say, a REV2... the only thing it offers is the analog oscillators, and FX section in my opinion. Sure it has a different sound, but I can do with the P12.

My next synth will be the Novation PEAK, simply because it offers something unique, and with flexible oscillators... I'll probably not buy another DSI product until they come out with a sampling synthesizer hybrid (if).

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:56:42 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...