REV2 Midi set up Ableton Live 11 - no audio

REV2 Midi set up Ableton Live 11 - no audio
« on: February 16, 2022, 06:47:32 PM »
Hi team,

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

I'm trying to set up my REV2 to receive and play midi information from Ableton Live and record the audio as well as record any midi changes I make when I twist knobs on the REV2. So far I've been able to record the midi notes that I play on the REV2 keyboard but I can't seem to record any knob movement and there's no audio when I play the clip back in Ableton.

I have MIDI out set to "USB" and Local Control "on" on the REV2 itself so i can play the synth normally.

I know Ableton is receiving midi information because the little yellow square flashes whenever I plays the keys or twist a knob.

I've included screenshots of my midi preferences in Ableton, as well as the track routing.

Cheers,

Ashbo

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 07:20:11 PM by Ashbo »

Re: REV2 Midi set up Ableton Live 11 - no audio
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 12:09:51 PM »
You will need to check "remote" on the MIDI settings to record the knob movements, and "Sync" if you want to send or receive clock to/from the Rev 2. Also, you may need to set the "Audio To" on the audio track to "Master", rather than "External Synth", but it is hard to know without seeing how the whole project is configured. I hope that helps.

Re: REV2 Midi set up Ableton Live 11 - no audio
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 01:16:34 PM »
Thanks, I've managed to get the REV2 to play what Ableton tells it to but I can't make adjustments on REV while it's playing. Turning knobs and pressing buttons has no effect at all.  :-\