Copying layers between patches

Copying layers between patches
« on: June 22, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »
Had my Rev2 for about two weeks now and I must say it greatly exceeds expectations! And a lovely complement to my P12.

My only (minor) gripe is that there isn't a utility to copy a layer from one patch to another. Copying/swapping WITHIN a patch can be done, just not BETWEEN them. That would be extremely useful and seems like basic functionality.
Prophet Rev2, Prophet12, Yamaha MOXF8, Yamaha DX7

Re: Copying layers between patches
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:21:25 AM »
That functionality is present on the older Prophet'08, so it is a little surprising that there's no obvious way to do it on the Rev2.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:14:36 AM »
Interesting. Looking at the P'08 manual, the "copy layer" function was implemented in the Global parameters. I would think it would make more sense when editing a patches split/stack, but I'd take it where I can get it.  ;)

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
You know, if anyone else thinks this would be a useful feature to have, you might want to chime in. If DSI are monitoring the Forum, I'd hate for them to think I'm the only one that cares about this (with all due respect to DSI, naturally).  ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 02:59:28 PM »
This feature request is on our internal request list. As the Rev2 has just been released we won't be adding any new features until we revisit the Rev2 OS sometime later, but I can tell you that I personally will be pushing hard to add this one to the synth.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:30:50 AM »
Interesting. Looking at the P'08 manual, the "copy layer" function was implemented in the Global parameters. I would think it would make more sense when editing a patches split/stack, but I'd take it where I can get it.  ;)

Agreed.  I love my Rev2, but would like to copy layers from one patch to another as easy as the copy split/stack function.  Thanks for finding that in the global parameters.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
Thank you so much, Robot Heart!

MDMA

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 01:47:08 PM »
+1
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 02:51:24 PM »
This feature request is on our internal request list. As the Rev2 has just been released we won't be adding any new features until we revisit the Rev2 OS sometime later, but I can tell you that I personally will be pushing hard to add this one to the synth.

Nice!  Is there a place we can submit for new features to be added/changed?  Such as the hold function? I love it, but would like for it to hold the next key or notes I play instead of adding it to what is already there.  It quickly turns into a mess

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »
The best place to submit feature requests is our dedicated support channel: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

The Hold feature is unlikely to be changed, the way it operates now it simply mimics a sustain pedal so if you think of it from that perspective it is functioning as it should.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Loading programs into layer location
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »
How to load the program of you choice into a layer location. Whatever the B layer is, I cannot change the program as you could on a Pro-12. I can edit it but not substitute another program. Sure I could start from scratch but what a waste of time.

Any way around this?

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 12:59:35 PM »
The ability to load different programs to layers has been added in the 1.0.7.1 OS.  It can be found on the BETA OS download thread.

To load a new program to a layer, select the layer you wish to load to, press the MISC PARAMS button, navigate to the last menu item and use the BANK and PROGRAM encoders to load a new program to the selected layer.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »
The ability to load different programs to layers has been added in the 1.0.7.1 OS.  It can be found on the BETA OS download thread.

To load a new program to a layer, select the layer you wish to load to, press the MISC PARAMS button, navigate to the last menu item and use the BANK and PROGRAM encoders to load a new program to the selected layer.

Brilliant. So glad this has been implemented :-)

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 12:31:25 AM »

I'm not exactly getting this to work. Basically, this feature let's you copy a layer from one program to a different program's layer (A or B), correct? Meaning, for example,  I desire to copy U1 P1's layer A to U1 P2's layer B, yes? Or am I confused on this feature?  :)

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
Thanks to DSI for implementing this so quickly. Awesome!

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »

I'm not exactly getting this to work. Basically, this feature let's you copy a layer from one program to a different program's layer (A or B), correct? Meaning, for example,  I desire to copy U1 P1's layer A to U1 P2's layer B, yes? Or am I confused on this feature?  :)
Correct, you select the source in MISC PARAMETERS>Layer on the Program you want to copy the program to.

Thanks for implementing this, DSI. It's much more straightforward than the Evolver's combo mode!

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 06:23:05 AM »
Correct, you select the source in MISC PARAMETERS>Layer on the Program you want to copy the program to.

Thanks for implementing this, DSI. It's much more straightforward than the Evolver's combo mode!

Sheesh, that's easy. Duh. Thank you

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
This is great ! Thanks DSI !

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 09:42:54 AM »
This is a very handy utility but please note it doesn't work if you have midi local control off, which threw me for a bit.