Jumpy Behavior on Two Encoders

Re: Jumpy Behavior on Two Encoders
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
Hi luk.vermeir@gmail.com-

If you're having trouble with your encoders, please contact our dedicated support channel and we'll get you taken care of right away: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2017, 07:09:14 AM »
Since I swapped my board I've noticed something odd about my Prophet Rev 2. Not entirely sure it's not my imagination / I just didn't notice it before.

But I feel I need to ask you about this.

It's something I'd describe as a "rhythmic/timed voice-dropout" and I know that's not a good description for it but I made a video. I first noticed this just an hour after I made the board swap but didn't want to open it up to make sure all cables where correctly put back in place and this was on a patch I made and figured it was no use to ask your if yours sounded the same, but I've notice this several times on factory presets as well, not on all presets but on many!

Here's the video / link to video:

Before I open it up again (I really don't like playing around INSIDE expensive gear like this) I want to ask you here if this is how your synth sounds on the patch of Eventide (F1 P32). I can't remember this patch sounding like this or having the "rhythmic voice-dropout" as seen/heard in the video.

Really getting anxious about not knowing if everything is as it should inside my Rev 2!

The encoders are working great now though but instead this happens on a lot of the patches, made by me and factory presets.

Thanks for helping me figuring this out!

jg666

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
My F1 P32 doesn’t sound like that. There is a bit of a similarity but on mine there’s a lot of effects applied to this patch on mine that I’m not hearing on yours.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 08:58:31 AM »
My F1 P32 doesn’t sound like that. There is a bit of a similarity but on mine there’s a lot of effects applied to this patch on mine that I’m not hearing on yours.

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes I remember that the Eventide had a lot more going on than what's being played in my previous video / post.

I know that the patch is a bit weird and I figured I can shoot another video on another more "clean" patch like "E Harp" (U1 P73)

Here's the link of the video:

As you see in the beginning I'm switching patches just to make sure you see that all settings are "reset/loaded" and from a factory preset.

jg666

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »
That doesn’t sound right either. Is the delay from you hitting the key and the sound happening happening for any particular reason? It’s almost like there’s a large Delay value been applied!
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2017, 05:52:21 AM »
That doesn’t sound right either. Is the delay from you hitting the key and the sound happening happening for any particular reason? It’s almost like there’s a large Delay value been applied!

No it's exactly what I mean the problem is, please observe this is not the case with every patch but a lot of them. So at first I thought "maybe I just remember how it sounded incorrect" but I know for now that it's not the case, something has changed with a lot of the patches since I did the board swap. I was really careful so I can't see that I've broken anything and since it's not affecting all the patches it doesn't seem to be the case.
I've also emailed DSI-support about it with the same videos as I posted here and hope they can help me figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

jg666

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2017, 06:12:12 AM »
Hope it’s something simple and you get it sorted soon :)

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
Thanks I hope that to.

Hopefully something that might be sorted with a factory reset.. Not sure how to do one but if they instruct me to I'll try to document my patches and do it right away. I finally have some inspiration and time to sit down and hope I won't have to waste more time on sorting it out!

Thanks for all help and fast replies. Will get back to you about what caused this when I find out!

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2017, 09:11:25 PM »

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes I remember that the Eventide had a lot more going on than what's being played in my previous video / post.

I know that the patch is a bit weird and I figured I can shoot another video on another more "clean" patch like "E Harp" (U1 P73)

Here's the link of the video:

As you see in the beginning I'm switching patches just to make sure you see that all settings are "reset/loaded" and from a factory preset.

I’m assuming this is a bitimbral patch and your Rev2 is 8 voices? If so, I believe 4 of the voices on it aren’t funcioning correctly. I’d check that.

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »
Thanks. I've also been thinking in those directions but wasn't sure if that could be the case.

Any idea on how to investigate this further? like where are the voices located on a board?

I think I'll wait for instructions from DSI-Support before opening anything up again. But I really hope it's something that can be solved easily, like fixing a loose cable.

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »
It's solved..

So embarrassing... I just put the cables in output B..

Sorry to trouble you with my mess!

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2017, 02:39:42 PM »
Since the jumpy encoder behavior has been solved and this thread is starting to turn into a catch-all for other potential issues, I'm locking it. Feel free to start another thread for discussion of new topics.
Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM