Velocity Curves

Velocity Curves
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
I'm enjoying my recently purchased P12 keyboard and love it as an instrument having tossed up with buying the desktop instead.

I have one issue so far, and that is are there any details on each of the 4 keyboard velocity curves? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

I must say, as a piano player I find little difference between the 4 curves and all of them err on the too light side of things. It would be nice if there was a curve that required more power to achieve a 127 velocity message. As it is now you don't need to play very hard at all to get a 127 but it's very difficult to play light enough accurately and consistantly to achieve less than about a velocity of 40 or 50.

My main comparison keyboard is a Novation SL MK 2 - which facilitates well controlled access to the lower velocity ranges without requiring too much more strength to get to the upper values.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Re: Velocity Curves
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
I'd love some info on the new velocity curves as well.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 02:05:31 PM »
I would love to know that also.
But in my case, it seems the keyboard always plays the extremes and not middle range.
Some muted notes or some very high.
No expression at all and unusable.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:54 PM »
I think the fact that there is no explanation of the different velocity curve settings in the user manual, coupled with the fact that there is no audible difference when a different curve is selected, leads me to conclude that the velocity curves are a complete red herring and serve no purpose at all - same goes for the Rev2 synth too.
DSI/Sequentials silence on what the curves do is deafening, which only further solidifies my belief that there is no difference between any of them and they serve no purpose.
Still a great synth but It’s a shame that such a basic function hasn’t been implemented.
3ven my 1996 Roland XP synth has properly explained velocity option.