Something loose in Prophet 08 module?

Something loose in Prophet 08 module?
« on: December 16, 2015, 07:55:24 AM »
hi all, i picked up my Prophet 08 module today and noticed i heard what sounded like something inside the unit. it doesn't sound metallic like a screw, but perhaps a piece of plastic. it also doesn't seem to "travel" around inside the Prophet, meaning that it doesn't slide from one end to the other when i rock it from side to side, but there is certainly something going on in there, clicking against the chassis when the unit is moved. i'm not shaking it, just gently moving it up and down.

if anyone has a P08 module and would be so kind.. does this happen to you? it could just be a cable inside, but it does worry me a little. should this not be happening?

also.. my module wobbles a bit. it seems the right bottom leg is a bit short. is there any way to correct this other than gluing something to the bottom of that particular foot? i'd much rather not do that but i can't think of another way. if anyone has any advice i'd sure appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:54:49 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: something loose in Prophet 08 module?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
I have a Prophet '08 Module, and it has neither of these two problems.  I don't believe opening the unit will void the warranty, but you might want to check with DSI first.  Then I would open it up and find out what the problem is.  I certainly wouldn't let it be and hope that it doesn't become a problem.

If the little rubber feet are uneven in size, I would order four more from the company.  They're only glued on, and not that firmly. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:36:55 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

Re: something loose in Prophet 08 module?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Immediately turn the power off.

Open the case and find out what is loose.

Having had loose screws inside equipment that caused catastrophic events I advise you to do this.