White noise and constant tone from OSC

White noise and constant tone from OSC
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »
Hey!

I just received my REV2 today and I´m so excited. But i have a problem! I experience white noise on the right side like some of the other users have. But i also experience the dry sound of the oscillators bleeding out, Even tho i have closed the filter and set all values of the envelope to 0. The weird part about this is that the note changes per 16 note i play. I just updated the OS to v.1.0.2. Do you belive the problem is in the OS or HW?

Would love an answer! thank you!

Re: White noise and constant tone from OSC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »
I had the same issue and had to send my REV2 back to San Francisco. It turned out to be a software miscalibration according to DSI. Make sure to contact them. They're great !

UPDATE: It seems like the latest OS upgrade will fix the problem.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:48:25 PM by mxrman »

MDMA

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:37:54 PM »
Or try recalibrating! Seems you have an issue on a specific voice, so worth a shot.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

Devourer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »
But i also experience the dry sound of the oscillators bleeding out, Even tho i have closed the filter and set all values of the envelope to 0. The weird part about this is that the note changes per 16 note i play.

Same here, but this is supposedly the normal "noise floor" according to customer support over at DSI.

And no, recalibration doesn't fix the issue.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
But i also experience the dry sound of the oscillators bleeding out, Even tho i have closed the filter and set all values of the envelope to 0. The weird part about this is that the note changes per 16 note i play.

Same here, but this is supposedly the normal "noise floor" according to customer support over at DSI.

And no, recalibration doesn't fix the issue.

Yes, this is correct and all our synths that use the Curtis chips behave similarly. The Curtis chips have about an 80db signal to noise ratio, so even when the VCA is closed it's possible to hear the oscillators in the background when no other signal is present. Fortunately, 80db below the primary audio output is so low it does not affect the signal quality under normal playing and recording conditions.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:49 AM »
Hey there!
I've just purchased a prophet REV-2 8 voices and I've tried it this morning. Same problem as you guys, a white noise on the right side. I don't know what to do, and what stresses me out is that I live in France, that I had to pay 339€ for extra taxes and the synth is not working properly. I'm waiting for a reply from both the seller (JRR shop) and DSI to know if I should return it to them and if I should spend some more money to do so. Unfortunately I go on vacation tomorrow and I won't be able to take care of this issue before 15 days.
So I wanted to know if any of you who encountered the same problem installed the last OS, and if it sorted it out (I'm not at home, so I can't do it myself). I have one of the earliest OS (1.0.0.2).
I pray I won't have to send it back to the states and find myself broke... ;)
Thanks anyway for your replies.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 04:07:12 PM »
Oh it's okay now, I've found a solution. Thanks anyway ;)

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
Please post your solution so others know how it was solved.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »
I just bought a new Rev 2 16v for my son and found the same issue reported here. The right output is noisy and osc sound bleeding through. It is really obvious and is limited to the right output (with headphones and also though monitor speakers). I have updated the firmware to the beta 1.1.3 and recalibrated a few times. Nothing help. 
OB6 and P5 Rev 4

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
Sorry you're having trouble with your new Rev2. I encourage you to contact our dedicated support channel to see if what you're experiencing is normal:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 03:00:20 AM »
Sorry you're having trouble with your new Rev2. I encourage you to contact our dedicated support channel to see if what you're experiencing is normal:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

Done that! Hope it could be solved. Love the sound of the synth.
OB6 and P5 Rev 4