Updating REV2 OS from ver. 1.0.0.2 to ver. 1.0.2 via USB ? Possible ?

Hi,

I would like to update my REV2's OS from version 1.0.0.2 to version 1.0.2 , could I do this via USB ? and if yes, any step-by-step instructions on how to do it ? 

The info. posted for REV2 version 1.0.2 refers to the Tempest, instead of the REV2, so I'm a bit confused.

Some feedback on this would be helpful, and appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Yes, the update can be performed over USB. Just make sure you set the MIDI Sysex Cable Global to USB before you begin the file transfer.
SEQUENTIAL

Jason

• Bandmix
I successfully did the update via a USB cable. I downloaded the SysEx Librarian (I'm on a Mac) and then the new OS 1.0.2. In Global, I switched "MIDI Sysex Cable" from MIDI to USB and connected the Mac and Rev2 via a USB cable. I clicked the top blue line in the SysEx to switch from "Act as source for other..." to Rev2. Then I clicked on the Rev2_Main_1.0.2.Syx, and then I clicked Play, which started the upload.

This totally fixed the Volume Pedal problems I was having, which I use to control the volume of both the Rev2 and a Prophet '08. I'm so impressed that they were able to fix these issues so quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Are there instructions for updating the OS via USB for PC ? 

Jason

• Bandmix
It's going to be like the directions for the Tempest. I did it before with my Tetra. 

It's going to be like the directions for the Tempest. I did it before with my Tetra.

According to the Tempest Instructions posted :

Quote : Note: Tempest can only be updated via USB after Main OS version 1.2 is installed. If your Main OS reads less than 1.2, you'll need to update via the MIDI jacks first.

This is confusing, why don't they just post instructions for the REV2 (not Tempest)  ?   Plus, there isn't a 1.2 OS version for the REV2.  There is a 1.0.2

imho. they need to post better documentation for the REV2

i.e. Is there a SysEx Librarian for PC ? so I can use it to install the new OS ?   I can't find any info. on this important detail. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:40:05 AM by muziksculp »

I found this video on Youtube, MIDI-OX Application is used to update the TEMPEST's OS for PC, so I'm guessing I can use it for updating the REV2's OS as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVc6WJ18ZA8

If you're on a PC, use MIDIOX.

UPDATING THE OS FROM WINDOWS USING MIDI-OX

Before starting, close all other audio or MIDI or DAW software, and disconnect all other MIDI devices. If necessary, download and install MIDI-OX.

http://www.midiox.com/

To prepare the Prophet Rev2 to receive system exclusive messages:

1. Press the Globals button to enter the Global menu.
2. Scroll to "10. MIDI SysEx Cable".
3. Change the MIDI SysEx cable to select either MIDI DIN or USB. If you’re using USB to update the OS, choose “USB.” If you’re using a MIDI interface, choose "MIDI".
4. Press the Globals button twice to exit.
Connect your computer to the Prophet Rev2 using either a USB cable or a MIDI interface.

If using USB, the Prophet Rev2 is a Class Compliant USB device. That means it does not require any additional drivers to be installed to communicate with your computer. It will appear in MIDI-OX and other MIDI applications as a MIDI port named “Prophet Rev2” (Under Windows XP, it will appear as “USB Audio Device.”)

If using a MIDI interface, connect the computer’s MIDI out to the MIDI in of the Prophet Rev2. Depending on the type of interface, you may also need a MIDI cable.

Most MIDI interfaces or sound cards with built-in MIDI interfaces will work. However, we have received reports that Digidesign/Avid interfaces and Native Instruments Maschine may not transmit SysEx correctly for updates. The M-Audio Uno is an inexpensive, reliable, and widely available MIDI interface for use when updating our instruments.

To load and update the OS:

Run MIDI-OX.
1. From the Options menu, choose “Configure Buffers.”
2. Set the Low Level Output Buffers “Num” and “Size” to 1024.
3. Click OK to close the window and save the settings.
4. From the Options menu, choose “MIDI Devices.”
5. In the lower left quadrant of the window, select the MIDI port to which the instrument is connected. If connected via USB, choose “Prophet Rev2” (or “USB Audio Device” under Windows XP). If connected via MIDI, choose the MIDI interface. The selected MIDI port appears in the Port Mappings window.
6. Click OK to close the window and save the settings.
7. From the View menu, choose “SysEx.”
8. From the Command Window menu, choose “Load File.” Browse to and open the Prophet Rev2 OS update file.
9. From the Command Window menu, choose “Send SysEx.”

The Prophet Rev2 displays a countdown indicating the progress of the SysEx file’s transfer. When the file transfer completes, a second, shorter countdown will start as the OS is written to memory. DO NOT power down. The unit will restart when the second countdown has completed.
The unit restarts itself after a successful update. The OS version is shown on the display then your press Global.
SEQUENTIAL

Hi extempo,

Thank You  ! 

That's what I was looking for. 

Is this posted anywhere else on this forum, or documented in the REV2 product page ? 

Cheer,
Muziksculp

It will be posted to our support page eventually. We just started shipping the Prophet Rev2, so we're getting there. Please be patient.
SEQUENTIAL

It will be posted to our support page eventually. We just started shipping the Prophet Rev2, so we're getting there. Please be patient.

I understand, this is brand a new product.  I wish to Thank You again for helping your customers on this forum.

Oh... I'm falling in love with my REV2. It's sounds amazing ! 

thanks for this thread guys -- just saved me a ton of time (was also a little confused by the tempest instructions). 

windows 10 + usb user here, just patched successfully.