REV2 Master Volume not working

REV2 Master Volume not working
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:13:17 AM »
Hi,

I just started to discover my REV2 (16 voice model), loving the sounds so far, but ... I'm not able to change the volume of the REV2 stereo outputs via the Master Volume knob, nothing happens when I rotate the Master Volume Knob. I can change the Program Volume via the 'Program Volume'  when I press the Misc. Parameters button, and change the program's volume shown in the LCD display via the Value Knob.

I find this very strange, that I can't control the Master Volume of the REV2 via the Master Volume knob ? I'm guessing there is a setting I need to enable, or ... ?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Re: REV2 Master Volume not working
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 01:57:29 AM »
Update:  Well, I can't find anything about this in the user manual, the Master Volume Knob should work, but it is not working here.  So, I will be returning it to my dealer, this must be a HW-Issue with my REV2.

Update 2 :  OK, I got to fix the issue,  I had set the Pot Mode to 'Relative' which disabled the functionality of the Master Volume Knob (This might be a bug that needs to be fixed). 

It worked as it should when I changed the Pot Mode to 'Jump' or 'Pass Thru'.    So, I'm glad this was not a HW-Issue, but just a setting that affected the functionality of the Master Volume knob.   

I'm wondering if this is a software bug that should be checked by DSI Technicians ?  Since a 'Relative' knob behavior should not disable the Master Volume Knob from functioning.

Hope this info. is useful,

Muziksculp 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:48:21 AM by muziksculp »

Re: REV2 Master Volume not working
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 10:10:55 AM »
SEQUENTIAL