Prophet 08 walkthrough video

Prophet 08 walkthrough video
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:58:06 AM »
After uploading a comparison of the Prophet 6 and Prophet 08 I received some requests to record a Prophet 08 walkthrough.

Here it is.. ;D

It goes over all the basics (I think), but I might have missed a couple of things.  It should be enough to get the uninitiated a head start.

Cheers.

Jason

• Bandmix
Re: Prophet 08 walkthrough video
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07:46:53 AM »
Wonderful! I think this is the best and most educational video to date on how to use a Prophet '08. Other demos focus on the sounds, which are of course what most of us are primarily interested in when we're deciding to buy a synthesizer. But once we have the keyboard, we are left with our experience, experimentation, and reading the manual in order to piece together how use it. (DSI manuals are well written, btw.) I've been playing synthesizers since the '80's and have read the manual, but I still learned several things in this video and was inspired to try several new experiments. Many thanks!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:01:42 AM by Jason »

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:39:41 AM »
Cool, thank you :) I had no idea you have to play around with the OSC FREQ to get anything fun out of the HardSync :) In my tried failed attempts with FM-synthesis on the P08 this will have to do when it comes to creating harmonies the OSC->OSC way. Awesome job with this video!
Prophet '08 owner since 2015

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
Cool, thank you :) I had no idea you have to play around with the OSC FREQ to get anything fun out of the HardSync :) In my tried failed attempts with FM-synthesis on the P08 this will have to do when it comes to creating harmonies the OSC->OSC way. Awesome job with this video!

Cheers, glad to help  :) it's odd how the odd little thing can elude you for ages. It wasn't until I upload the vids that someone told me how to latch the arp.