Calibrating the oscillators

Calibrating the oscillators
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:58:12 AM »
How long does it usually take? My rev2 stopped at 3rd second showing this information Voice..1 OSC1..4 OSC2... And nothing is happening! OS 1.1.0.3

Re: Calibrating the oscillators
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:13:01 AM »
Hi, sounds strange but sometimes it helps trying it twice. I had this several times after all OS updates since 1.0.7.2, just switch off/on the device and try it again. Don't worry, it's not necessarily a failure of the device  ;)...
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »
Yes. This has happened to me also. It "locked-up" on a voice during calibration. Powered down the synth. Powered back up, and called the calibration routine a second time, and this time it finished. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't quick.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:30:03 AM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:24:37 AM »
Here is the problem
Its the effects section - all of them are making terrible sounds now!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
Here is the problem
Its the effects section - all of them are making terrible sounds now!

I would strongly suggest that you contact DSI support (they're usually quick to respond) about it. Because this definitely sounds bad.
Have you tried to calibrate the synth more than once ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »
yes! 5 times - the problem is solved now (I hope so)! I had to run CLEAR CALIBRATION in the debug menu and then run calibration itself. Thanks to DSI support

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »
yes! 5 times - the problem is solved now (I hope so)! I had to run CLEAR CALIBRATION in the debug menu and then run calibration itself. Thanks to DSI support

That's good news. Glad it worked out for ya.  :D

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 01:37:45 PM »

Hi, I believe I have the same issue on my REV2 : suddenly the effects are sounding like sh***, like noisy metallic / ring mod. It happens randomly (3 times today !) when I browse presets quickly. Then I can't go back to a normal sounding FX unless I reboot the device.
Would you mind sharing the procedure ???

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »

Hi, I believe I have the same issue on my REV2 : suddenly the effects are sounding like sh***, like noisy metallic / ring mod. It happens randomly (3 times today !) when I browse presets quickly. Then I can't go back to a normal sounding FX unless I reboot the device.
Would you mind sharing the procedure ???

To access the Debug Menu, press and hold Down, Up, and Global. The first item is Clear Calibration.

NOTE: I'm not responsible if anything happens to your REV2 when using the debug menu, use carefully and at your own risks.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »
Hi Alain, thanks.
You're right, I'd better contact the support first :)
Quick question though : I'm using the desktop version, I guess it's LFO1 + LFO4 instead of UP + DOWN, like the init program ?

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
Hi Alain, thanks.
You're right, I'd better contact the support first :)
Quick question though : I'm using the desktop version, I guess it's LFO1 + LFO4 instead of UP + DOWN, like the init program ?

Most probably. Try it out and see if the Debug Menu appears on the display... you can always get out of it by pressing Global again.