Recall patch from panel?

Re: Recall patch from panel?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
I think dslsynth gets it exactly right. It's the tone and the choice of words, the topic can be anything and it matters not if a feature is going to be implemented or not.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
I think the problem is a real one and that the Prophet '08 seems to have the superior window; it was the first thing that concerned me when I first saw a picture of the Rev2.  But Robot Heart got the message loud and clear.  If there's something he can do to improve the issue, I'm sure he'll try at the office.  But remember, he's not the big guy.  I think he's often caught passing on the word from the top, and has to explain things he doesn't always agree with.  So let's drop the fisticuffs and move on.  These lingering arguments tend to turn into self-perpetuating soap operas.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:42:47 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

dslsynth

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
But Robot Heart got the message loud and clear.

I hope that part of the message being received was the originator of the most aggressive language. We all got things we can improve on.

As for the way to handle feature requests I do get the difficult balance between the (lack of) resources available to make things better on one side and the actual needs of the customers on the other side. The line have to be drawn somewhere. But going that little extra way can mean a huge difference in the customer's reception of the company.

. o O ( consultancy advice of the week )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
But going that little extra way can mean a huge difference in the customer's reception of the company.

Absolutely.  I do think we generally get a response from DSI, as to requests.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 06:51:06 PM »

I hope that part of the message being received was the originator of the most aggressive language. We all got things we can improve on.

Just wanted to get to the bottom of things before I knew if I should put an order in or not. :-)
I was not angry at any point. There is nothing to be angry about. Just questions from a customer who already owns the MK1 version of the Pro08.

dslsynth

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 03:35:19 AM »
Just wanted to get to the bottom of things before I knew if I should put an order in or not. :-)
I was not angry at any point. There is nothing to be angry about. Just questions from a customer who already owns the MK1 version of the Pro08.

Well I wasn't hinting at you. Also, one thing many of us find difficult is that a message is not always received in the same way its written. Communication is hard and using written language doesn't make it any easier.
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 07:19:56 AM »

Well I wasn't hinting at you. Also, one thing many of us find difficult is that a message is not always received in the same way its written. Communication is hard and using written language doesn't make it any easier.

Yes, that is the problem with the written word. It's all too easy to read something differently than was intended.
Thanks.

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 05:04:57 PM »
How to load the program of you choice in to a layer location. Whatever the B layer is, I cannot change the program as you could on a Pro-12. I can edit it but not substitute another program. Sure I could start from scratch but what a waste of time.

Any way around this?

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 05:36:51 PM »
Hi borisf! This is an off-topic request, and this topic has been discussed already so I've merged the new topic you created with the current discussion. Please use the search function before creating duplicate topics.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2017, 02:03:24 AM »
Another suggestion...

How about implementing something similar to the P6's "dot" when matching a saved value?

dslsynth

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 06:09:55 AM »
Yes, that is the problem with the written word. It's all too easy to read something differently than was intended.
Thanks.

May I recommend reading the whole thread all over again with fresh eyes? Its usually quite a learning experience to reread conversations after a while. I noticed comments such as "If you read what you just wrote [...], do you honestly think this is an acceptable alternative?" which to my eyes at least may not be the most efficient recipe for avoiding Robot Growls (TM). And yes, written communication can be challenging! Especially on the net where one usually do not have real life relations to the people one communicates with.
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 07:17:26 AM »
Thanks.

May I recommend reading the whole thread all over again with fresh eyes? Its usually quite a learning experience to reread conversations after a while. I noticed comments such as "If you read what you just wrote [...], do you honestly think this is an acceptable alternative?" which to my eyes at least may not be the most efficient recipe for avoiding Robot Growls (TM). And yes, written communication can be challenging! Especially on the net where one usually do not have real life relations to the people one communicates with.

But in the context it was said in, it was not like you quoted in isolation. Above the sentence you just quoted was an explanation that as far as I was concerned, it was a long and convoluted way to achieve something that already happens without any button presses. All I did was quote the procedure then ask the poster to read what he had said and asked if he thought it was an acceptable alternative to the way it is implemented now.
If you look for aggression, you will find it. I think you and the DSI employee are reading far too much into this.
I have reread this thread several times. You are still reading it looking for aggression while I only wrote it being very disappointed and thought I was being fobbed off that this was somehow a better way if doing things. We have established it's not.
It's just a synth. It's not life changing. I think it sounds great and all the extra functionality is fantastic. That is why I wanted one. Hence the disappointment of the way certain things were implemented. The ability to paste an A or B layer between presets is an absolute must. If this gets sorted, I am interested again.
I thought the dust had settled on this.... :-(

dslsynth

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »
If you look for aggression, you will find it. I think you and the DSI employee are reading far too much into this.

It was not to stir up a fight but rather to try and avoid repeats in the future. My point was only that by making things person directed - that famous "you" - one can easily enter the other side's playing field and make that person feel attacked. See what I mean?

Also, I didn't really see aggression but perhaps something more like annoyed red cloth waving. It can sometimes be quite efficient as has be determined empirically.
#!/bin/sh