Samples?

LoboLives

Samples?
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:07 AM »
Just curious. I was really debating between the StudioLogic Sledge and the Prophet 12. Sledge has a lot of synth type sounds it can do and on the first oscillator it also allows sampling....would this ever be possible as an upgrade for a new OS for the Prophet 12? I know a few of us (including myself) were wondering if DSI would ever do a new sampler synth with analog filters....but this might be the best case scenario. It would also be nice to have a thread on here where we send each other samples that we trade for this implementation or to have DSI include a new soundbank with samples from the Prophet 2000 and newly sampled sounds from the DSI HQ. It would be nice to hear a Steinway piano sample layered with a linear FM DX style piano or have a stack of a snap bass sampled layered with a thick low supersaw.

Thoughts?

Re: Samples?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:15:02 AM »
Sampling is not possible with the Prophet 12 architecture; it's not a software matter. Carry on ;)
SEQUENTIAL

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
Sampling is not possible with the Prophet 12 architecture; it's not a software matter. Carry on ;)

Damnit.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 06:13:38 AM »
Just curious. I was really debating between the StudioLogic Sledge and the Prophet 12. Sledge has a lot of synth type sounds it can do and on the first oscillator it also allows sampling....would this ever be possible as an upgrade for a new OS for the Prophet 12? I know a few of us (including myself) were wondering if DSI would ever do a new sampler synth with analog filters....but this might be the best case scenario. It would also be nice to have a thread on here where we send each other samples that we trade for this implementation or to have DSI include a new soundbank with samples from the Prophet 2000 and newly sampled sounds from the DSI HQ. It would be nice to hear a Steinway piano sample layered with a linear FM DX style piano or have a stack of a snap bass sampled layered with a thick low supersaw.

Thoughts?

You don't need it anyway.
If you really want to hear a steinway piano sample layered with the Prophet 12, just layer it with another synth/sample player like Kontakt and you're done. :)
The sampling option on the Sledge is poorly implemented, so it's one of those features that sounds better on paper than it actually is in reality - though I suppose it could be handy from a live point of view if that's what you were thinking, but you'll be spending hours setting it all up.