Any hope of getting a functional "Local Off"?

Any hope of getting a functional "Local Off"?
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:54:38 PM »
It's a problem I've had since day one. With Local Off, the Pro 2 wont change patches from the front panel, even when record enabled in Live. Literally every keyboard synth with keys seems to have this. Even other DSI products, and I don't really get why it's excluded.

So, any hope that it's being addressed?

Re: Any hope of getting a functional "Local Off"?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
Until they fix this I have a M4L thingy I wrote that fixes this in Live, let me find it and I will post it here....

Here it is, use this as the first thing in your midi track in live and it will fix the problem.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:18:41 PM by BobTheDog »

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
Thank! I will definitely give that a shot. I appreciate it. I wonder about some of the choices made with the Pro 2. Soundwise it's amazing, I just wish some of the more functional details were focused on.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm the new owner of a Pro2 that I want to use as the primary keyboard with Ableton Live and am having this exact same problem with Local Control off - I'm running the latest OS 1.3.0 so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a fix or work around as it's VERY frustrating..

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:33:20 AM »
If you use the M4L patch posted above it will fix the problem.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 07:43:57 PM »
If you use the M4L patch posted above it will fix the problem.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply :)

I've tried using that but it doesn't seem to work on my system (Mac OS 10.13.2). When I expand the zip file the compressed file opens without a file extension IE it's named P12PatchChangeFixadv. So when I edit to have the correct file extension IE change it to - P12PatchChangeFix.adv and then load it into Ableton I get a error message of  "/P12PatchChangeFix.adv" was not found. If I then save it to my user library and then drag in into the track for the Pro2 I get a message of "Could not access the Max device file "P12PatchChangeFix.amxd".

Forgive me if I'm being obtuse :-)

Arik
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:06:48 PM by Naut.Sirius »

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »
Hi Arik, I'll have a check in the morning and get back to you...

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »
Hi Arik, I'll have a check in the morning and get back to you...

Thank you very much  :)

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »
Hi Arik,

I'm not quite sure why that isn't working for you, the file should have a adv extension and contain the amxd patch I thought, it works here but that may be because I have the amxd!

I have included a zip with the amxd file, it should have the extension amxd after you unzip it.

You should be able to drag the file to a midi track in live, does that work?

Cheers

Andy

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 05:58:37 AM »
Woah - this is interesting! Yesterday, I set my Pro 2 to "local off" and now I am stuck with the same one preset all over all presets and banks. It always only displays the last selected patch. I even downloaded the full all-patches sysex file from the support page and sent it to the Pro 2. All I got was that the patch shown all the time was the last one sent in the sysex file...

It sounds like this is very much related to this issue. I will switch "local on" again tonight to see if it lets me change patches again...

I don't use Ableton Live to run my Pro 2, so I will have to deal with "local on" and the problems this brings being connected to my MPC Live... Oh well, first world problems...

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 04:03:58 AM »
Hi, can you all explain how you are using Local OFF?

When I used it it was solely to use the Pro2 keyboard as master keyboard for another synth or VST.
Meaning that all buttons, bank/program changes are not working except the keyboard.
In that case I understand that everything on the synth is "frozen" but the keyboard.
Of course, pity we cannot use the bank and program select knobs to change banks and programs in the connected synth/vst but most synths/vst are different in their organization so it is understandable.

Hence my question about your usage of Local OFF.
Thx!
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

Ted

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »
Wait, what? Is this not a priority?