Please post more Rev2 demos and videos on YouTube !

Please post more Rev2 demos and videos on YouTube !
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new here

I am planning to buy a Rev2 in the next weeks, but I usually listen to dozens of videos on YouTube and everywhere else before pushing the button, to make sure what I purchase is close to what I want and that I do not get a (bad) surprise when it arrives.

I am sure a lot of other people do the same.

So could you please post some more demos on YouTube (or somewhere else)? We'd really appreciate  ;D

Cheers

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Please post more Rev2 demos and videos on YouTube !
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
Folks might as well post links to those Rev2 videos on this thread.  Comparisons between the Rev 2 and the Prophet '08 will be especially interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZgKpB5ZXRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP0xAUKTy90
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:39:36 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:07:58 PM »
That Twin Peaks one is mind blowing!

Since my post, only 3 videos have been submitted.. c'mon people! This must be a fricking great synth that no one even have time to post videos, only to play it :)

kobuz

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:12:48 AM »
Hi there, just registered to post this vid (not mine btw). The REV2 is going to be my first analog poly and I really can't wait to receive it here in Holland. I think it will be an awesome addition to my Moog SP, Virus B, Roland JU-06, TB3 and TR8. =)

Very long video with a lot of presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eTFFaKR9EE

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:20 AM »
Hi there, just registered to post this vid (not mine btw). The REV2 is going to be my first analog poly and I really can't wait to receive it here in Holland. I think it will be an awesome addition to my Moog SP, Virus B, Roland JU-06, TB3 and TR8. =)

Very long video with a lot of presets:

Thanks for the link! I'm having mine delivered at the end of the month, so until then I'm video hunting too :)
 I too have a Sub Phatty, so I think the REV2 will be a nice addition...(no other synths though, will be my second one). Best thoughts from Bucharest!

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »
Not sure if it was posted before but it's about 30 minutes of Rev 2 presets. Some of these sound fantastic. Would be a nice companion piece to the Prophet 6.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »
That video does have some fabulous sounds in it.  The Rev2 truly appears to be an improvement on the Prophet '08.  Now if only DSI will make a Rev2 Module, then I'll have my ideal instrument. 

Please, fellas, don't give us the keyboard version but stop there!  Finish the job and make a module version!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:14:23 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 04:51:32 AM »
A new Rev2 video just showed up by GEOSynths, some nice home made patches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNZ83epRGQE

I am getting a bit fed up with the looooong wait for the Rev2 to arrive here in the Netherlands. My (not so) local shop thinks they have the first batch within 4 weeks (whooooooaaaa 4 weeks longer ;-). At my age I shouldn't be so impatient .....
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

stb

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 07:52:08 AM »
A new Rev2 video just showed up by GEOSynths, some nice home made patches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNZ83epRGQE

I am getting a bit fed up with the looooong wait for the Rev2 to arrive here in the Netherlands. My (not so) local shop thinks they have the first batch within 4 weeks (whooooooaaaa 4 weeks longer ;-). At my age I shouldn't be so impatient .....

Thanks for the video, Gerry. Some cool stuff in there!

Regarding shipping in Europe (mainland): I know how you feel. Until two days ago my dealer in Germany had a shipping date within this week, but then postponed it to July 31st. I now ordered one from a UK-Dealer instead (gear4music) and just got the confirmation that the REV2 is already on its way. You could think about that, too.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »

I am getting a bit fed up with the looooong wait for the Rev2 to arrive here in the Netherlands. My (not so) local shop thinks they have the first batch within 4 weeks (whooooooaaaa 4 weeks longer ;-).  At my ageI shouldn't be so impatient .....

Thanks for the video, Gerry. Some cool stuff in there!

Regarding shipping in Europe (mainland): I know how you feel. Until two days ago my dealer in Germany had a shipping date within this week, but then postponed it to July 31st. I now ordered one from a UK-Dealer instead (gear4music) and just got the confirmation that the REV2 is already on its way. You could think about that, too.

Wow that is amazing, so the UK has got priority ..... I used to live there ;-).

I am quite loyal to my music shop in Eindhoven, so I just wait. They know what I need, even if I don't know myself. If it wasn't for them (and a shop in Munich) I would have gotten a DM12 already. I ought to show some maturity here, I should be able to foster up some patience, but ........
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:12:34 AM by Gerry Havinga »

kobuz

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 04:56:03 AM »
Also waiting in Eindhoven and also not inclined to get it somewhere else. Luckily videos are finally emerging, not sure if its making the waiting less or more hard by the way ;-)

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 05:08:29 AM »
Also waiting in Eindhoven and also not inclined to get it somewhere else. Luckily videos are finally emerging, not sure if its making the waiting less or more hard by the way ;-)

Definitely harder... 

So we are waiting for the same shipment, ha ha ;-). I am bothering the shop (Harold or Ron from i4-muzique) at least twice a week, hoping they won't forget me. From the video's and demo's I really believe I made the right choice, so I am just sticking with it. Actually I "met" some really nice supportive people here in this forum. That would have never happened if I hadn't changed my mind, nice.

stb

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 06:00:50 AM »

Definitely harder... 

So we are waiting for the same shipment, ha ha ;-). I am bothering the shop (Harold or Ron from i4-muzique) at least twice a week, hoping they won't forget me. From the video's and demo's I really believe I made the right choice, so I am just sticking with it. Actually I "met" some really nice supportive people here in this forum. That would have never happened if I hadn't changed my mind, nice.

I admire your patience. I do almost feel bad for being a bit childish about it. But, to be honest, I just didn't have that much of a connection to the shop I originally intended to buy it from so I thought I give it a try in the UK.
It's my first "big" synth. Before that I just had a few older cheap Monosynths and all kinds of VSTs but DSI always seemed like something I want to go for some day. When the REV2 was presented it just seemed to be the right choice, at least I immediately knew that I'll have to try it. Now I'm really eager to find out how I get along with it once it is actually there.
And yes, this forum is super supportive und friendly. Haven't posted much but it definitely provided me with lots of helpful information already. Very cool.

kobuz

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
Awesome, just tot word that in 2/3 weeks the Prophet Will arrive in my favorite store. So Gerry, you can expect a mail from Ron tomorrow ;)

jok3r

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 02:09:06 AM »
Here's another new video from Geosynth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xskljgKFtv0
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 04:40:04 AM »

Thanks jok3r, nice to read and hear Geosynth's enthusiasm. I got confirmation today the shop, I ordered the Rev2 from, will receive a shipment in two weeks.

MDMA

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 10:58:33 AM »
Order it from the UK! I ordered mine on Thursday and it turned up yesterday.
If you ordered it today it would be there in a week
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 03:13:13 AM »

Thanks jok3r, nice to read and hear Geosynth's enthusiasm. I got confirmation today the shop, I ordered the Rev2 from, will receive a shipment in two weeks.

Glad you like my Videos (GEOSynths) It is a great Synth, I've been pulling all manner of tones out of it...should have a full bank in the next few days. 
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

kobuz

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
Great video's! Thanks for sharing  :)