Poly Seq Clearing Question

Re: Poly Seq Clearing Question
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 05:06:13 AM »
Yep

jg666

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 06:39:25 AM »
Yep

Thanks. I’ve emailed DSI support in the hope that they can help me. It would be interesting to know if it works OK for everyone else.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

jg666

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
Support have just got back to me to say that they can recreate the problem of the sequencer not stopping so that’s a relief that it’s not just a problem with my unit :)

It only happens thought when Multi Mode is turned on. I will have to look that setting up as I wasn’t aware of it and don’t know what it does !

Just looked it up in the manual and have no idea why it was turned on so I turned it off and now the sequencer stops playback when I change presets :)

I will do some more testing recording sequences with this setting off to see if it cures that problem too.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:55:45 PM by jg666 »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 02:19:01 AM »
Support have just got back to me to say that they can recreate the problem of the sequencer not stopping so that’s a relief that it’s not just a problem with my unit :)

It only happens thought when Multi Mode is turned on. I will have to look that setting up as I wasn’t aware of it and don’t know what it does !

Just looked it up in the manual and have no idea why it was turned on so I turned it off and now the sequencer stops playback when I change presets :)

I will do some more testing recording sequences with this setting off to see if it cures that problem too.
Oh wow thanks for sorting this out. There I was thinking I couldn't get to grips with the poly-sequencer. Like with some synths' I owned, I thought it was me that didn't understand the sequencer interface. I was wondering how Troels, playing the X, managed to work the poly sequencer so easily. Does makes sense now.

So far I only have used the Rev2 in Multi Mode using external sequencing. The poly sequencer doesn't really interest me that much so I never bothered working out why I couldn't make sense of it. The modulation sequencer is fantastic, no issue with that, works as expected.

Let's see if support will come with a fix. I'll take the Rev2 out of Multi Mode later this week and see if I can work the poly sequencer like that.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

LoboLives

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
Hope if they do manage to fix this bug they can also implement transposing the sequence without having to hold down Record...but I suppose that might open a can of worms for the sequencers on the P6,OB6 And PX having the same functionality.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 12:54:26 PM »
The Rev2 is a mess of bugs. It is a fun Synth but the OS it's really a mess. I won't buy anything fro DSI anymore

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 04:48:32 PM »
Sure there are a few bugs, but that doesn't stop it from being a fantastic synth that is still totally playable. All synths have some bugs and missing features. That's life. If that keeps you from buying Sequential products, more for me!
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...