Hi all again!

Hi all again!
« on: June 06, 2017, 06:07:05 AM »
Hi all,

I have returned to the world of the Pro 2 again after joining to the JD-XA land and not really enjoying it. My new to me Pro 2 arrives tomorrow and is an Ebay bargin. Can not wait as I missed the Pro 2 more than any synth I have owned and was daft to get rid of it in the first place. Looking forward to all the new stuff from the updates and getting creative again.

Cheers,
Glyn.

MDMA

Re: Hi all again!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:10:48 PM »
Well welcome back.

Can I ask why you didn't get on with the XA? I find it an awesome synth, yes there are a few oversights, but, creatively, I don't find there is anything that holds me back.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:16:00 PM »
Hi all,

I have returned to the world of the Pro 2 again after joining to the JD-XA land and not really enjoying it. My new to me Pro 2 arrives tomorrow and is an Ebay bargin. Can not wait as I missed the Pro 2 more than any synth I have owned and was daft to get rid of it in the first place. Looking forward to all the new stuff from the updates and getting creative again.

Cheers,
Glyn.

Could you elaborate on why you didn't enjoy the JD-XA?

MDMA

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »
Hi all,

Cheers,
Glyn.

Could you elaborate on why you didn't enjoy the JD-XA?

I think I said it better  :D
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 05:15:44 AM »
Hi MDMA and Sacred Synthesis,

can not say it was one thing about the JD-XA but for some reason I just did not click with it, I have a V-Synth and I just love it and would not sell it in a month of Sundays, but the JD-XA after one and a half years of trying just did not inspire me, but I suppose if we all liked the same synths it would be pretty boring.

Cheers,
Glyn

PS. Pro2 arrives tomorrow :) :)

MDMA

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 06:04:07 AM »
I agree with you that it's "horses for courses" as far as synths go.

I love my JDXA tbh, for all its quirks, it really is an outstanding and inspiring synth. I find it very easy to get lost in sound creating, just as I do whilst messing with my Pro 2.
I also believe you're right, that if it doesn't click for you then it's time to move on. I love being able to get deep into sound creation, but also love the immediacy that the KingKorg brings, it's so easy to create a beautiful pad in minutes on that thing and all the synths I own, I seem to click with. It's so much easier to click with a physical instrument rather than a computer screen. Actually I say all the synths....that's a lie... the Ultranover is a fiddly mess that only works well whilst being used as a plugin, so I use Avenger instead, which to my ears is a much better VA.

Welcome back to Pro 2 land though, hope you have fun.