Strange behavior (after last beta update)of the transpose leds. (SOLVED)

After the last beta update, I noticed that the transport LEDs all light up after pressing +2, while when I go to -2 only one lights up.
it's normal? :-\

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:46:08 AM by extempo »

Re: Strange behavior (after last beta update)of the transpose leds.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:24:16 AM »
Looks like a bug. Would it not be best to email support directly to point this out to them? They might see it sooner that way.

After the last beta update, I noticed that the transport LEDs all light up after pressing +2, while when I go to -2 only one lights up.
it's normal? :-\

Mauro

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
Oh yes, the same in my machine....
I started a Post and immediatly after I see this post.....

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:57:11 AM »
Yep, same on my REV2.
Small visual bug, since the buttons still do their function normally. While they'll be correcting an LED issue, perhaps they could also fix the Tempo LED which behaves erratically when an external MIDI clock is used with the REV2 in Slave mode (that's an old bug that never got fixed)?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
That was quick. Thanks !
But the Tap Tempo LED behavior is still not correct when MIDI clock set to Slave (with an external MIDI clock from another device coming in via the MIDI in jack). Sometimes it won't light up, sometimes stays lit, and sometimes flashes faster than the actual BPM regardless of Divide knob setting, when switching between Master to Slave modes. And, as I wrote before, that bug dates back to the very early firmware versions and never got fixed.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:19:49 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 10:23:25 AM »
As always, we have to take things a bit at a time. Tap Tempo LED behavior when synced is unrelated to the Transpose LED bug that was fixed.

We're actively working on maintenance updates for several current production instruments. In the course of tweaking encoder response on the Prophet X we discovered a way to port back improvements to Rev2, and deemed the improvement significant enough to make a Rev2 release. The Transpose LED bug was something newly introduced, so we fixed it quickly, which is really the point of the public BETA releases.

Software maintenance is always a balance of priorities.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
As always, we have to take things a bit at a time. Tap Tempo LED behavior when synced is unrelated to the Transpose LED bug that was fixed.

We're actively working on maintenance updates for several current production instruments. In the course of tweaking encoder response on the Prophet X we discovered a way to port back improvements to Rev2, and deemed the improvement significant enough to make a Rev2 release. The Transpose LED bug was something newly introduced, so we fixed it quickly, which is really the point of the public BETA releases.

Point taken. Looking forward to further maintenance updates. Thank you !

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
You're welcome!
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 11:27:32 PM »

Thank you, well...I hope that the Pricey flagship prophet X bugs won't be the only raison of solved issues on the REV2 in the future.  ::) OR I hope that the X will have same bugs than the REV2 ?!  ;)

PS: I will  receive mine ( rev2 ) today, and the encoder bug is fixed, it's christmas ! :D
Not native english speaker.

With embedded electronics, software development is always an ongoing task. If we figure out ways to do something better than how we had been doing it while developing a new product, we typically port the improvements back relevant existing products. It's not a matter of the encoder response improvements being specific to a flagship product, but rather the newest product.
SEQUENTIAL