Problem loading Alt Tuning Sysex P12

Endfest

• Misty Forest Electronics
Problem loading Alt Tuning Sysex P12
« on: June 05, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »
Hi folks,

I experience problems with loading the alternative tunings syses file on both my P12 en P12 module. I use SysEx Librarian for Mac, both my P12's running on OS 1.4.1.

In the Global Settings Menu, MIDI Sysex Enable is ON, Midi Sysex Cable is at USB (which I use), and still it isn't working, superfrustrating. I tried different speed settings in my SysEX Librarian program, but that doesn't help a thing. I followed the instruction file from DSI, but no luck.

When I go the alt scale menu in my global settings and choose scale 1, I see the text 'Equal Temperament', when I choose scale 2 till 17, all I see is a number, no text. The scale of my keyboard isn't working at all in those other 16 scale settings. No matter what key I press, all I hear is the same (de)tuned tone.

The strange thing is that I can dump & load patches, OS-sysex files without problems, but somehow both my Prophets not seem to recognize the alt tuning sysex file when I play it in SysEx Librarian. Weird, really weird. Can't figure out what's wrong...

Hope someone here can help me to solve this annoying puzzle ...

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:11:10 PM by Endfest »

W07

Re: Problem loading Alt Tuning Sysex P12
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »
Hi, i was wanted to make a track in pythagorean mode today, and i noticed the same thing. Equal temp works fine, all other scales are just high pitched sounds, clearly not tracking right. I never changed them just installed the latest os 1.4.2.3 I can't find a link to download the tuning files seperatly. Could anyone help me with that?

Re: Problem loading Alt Tuning Sysex P12
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »
I seem to have some memory that reseting the globals fixes these sort of issues, can you guys try that.

Edit: If you need the tuning file you could try the one here http://dsiforum.com/download/file.php?id=1551 you need to send the sysex to the P12 with a gap between each message, in sysex librarian you can do it in preferences like in the attached image.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:03:30 PM by BobTheDog »