Evolver midi configuration

Evolver midi configuration
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
Any good suggestions for a midi cable configuration with an evolver in a DAW environment?

Modern DSI synths are all USB breeziness and most of my synths have keyboards so I haven't had to make my offerings to the midi lords yet!

It's a bit janky but I've been using an ESQ1 as a keyboard controller going directly into the Evolver midi in port. (Lovely keyboard for pawing away at by the way.) I'm using MIDI through on the evolver to simultaneously send the midi notes into Ableton for recording. Works great for monitoring but to send midi lines back into the evolver after I record them I have to reconfigure the cables.

Is the trick to send midi out from Ableton through my ESQ 1 and on to the evolver? I tried going from my ESQ into Ableton directly and then on to the evolver but the delay is a real bummer.

chysn

Re: Evolver midi configuration
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
Something like the M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 would make your life easier. You can go from the ESQ1 to the MIDISport In A, then from the MIDISport Out A to the Evolver, and the MIDISport Out B back to the ESQ1. When you're not using your DAW, there's a "MIDI Thru" button on the MIDISport that just hooks the Ins to the Outs.

If you've got a simple 1 In/1 Out interface, you can chain the stuff together as you said, but you'll still be playing with MIDI cables pretty often.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: Evolver midi configuration
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:06:54 AM »
Oh cool, I'll check it out!