Early Serial Number models.

Early Serial Number models.
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:41:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

Longtime lurker first time poster here.

I'm about to purchase a second hand P12 keyboard. I know the history of this machine and even had it living at my studio for some months back when my friend purchased it.

It was purchased new very soon after the release of the P12 so it would be amongst the earliest production runs of this instrument.

As an owner of an early P08 desktop since new and in the past 12 months upgrading from the original encoder board to the PE knobs (worth every cent) I know that sometimes improvements can be made in production after initial release.

So my question - is there anything I need to be aware of in this regard with the P12 keyboard I am about to buy?

Thanks in advance

Paul Najar

Re: Early Serial Number models.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 02:48:15 AM »
What is the serial number? I have 00080.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
I have 324 and have never had a problem. I'm not aware of any changes or other improvements in that area.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:41:13 AM »
I have 00012 and I had to bring it in for a repair where the envelope amount knobs were jumping and the oscillator LED went out. It seems like that's luck of the draw more than actual manufacturing trends.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I got the serial number. Is actually 1357. By all accounts it looks like I have nothing to be concerned about.

Many thanks.

Paul Najar

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 07:45:19 AM »
Well my 00080 board needed fixing i wish they had notified me that there was an issue with earlier models when mine was under warranty had to pay  out of warranty fee!   :(