Pro 2 patches

MDMA

Pro 2 patches
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »
I hate to admit it but for the last week I've been stuck in a bit of a rut when it comes to sound design. Everything I create on the Pro 2 is either very metallic or a super saw pad sound!! I'm starting to annoy myself, when I first purchased this synth, every patch was different, evolving and inspiring (well to me at least).

When hunting around for patches online for a little inspiration, I could find nothing, except for the same two banks. Are there really no other places where people share patches? My first MODERN synth was an access virus TI, which has literally thousands of sounds on their site to download, so maybe I'm just spoiled!

Anyone know of anywhere to download some sounds?
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

NLB

Re: Pro 2 patches
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:33:14 AM »
Nothing to be ashamed about, I'd say stick at it. It's easy to get into a rut, you just need to try something completely different.

I also struggled with over aggressive patches, but learned to turn the Osc levels and env amounts wayyy down.
Also didn't think the SEM filter was particularly 'Oberheimy' until I put some modulated superwaves through it. Tons of great sounds right there. Still haven't scratched the dual-filter potential.

Only recently started exploring feedback and that can produce some subtle loveliness too. Or try making percussion using just the filters. Make musical sequences using just the LFOs. So much to experiment with!

MDMA

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:05:51 PM »
I actually saw an awesome demo of an OB6 earlier with a beautiful patch which I recon a Pro 2 could recreate....gonna get onto this tonight.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »
MDMA,

What two banks are you finding online?  I am always searching for new sounds.

Thanks

Joe

MDMA

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:43:54 AM »