strange LFO glitch (resolved)

strange LFO glitch (resolved)
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »
how to re-create:
-latest firmware - 1.1.0
-make a new blank patch.  osc1 triangle wave.  adjust frequency to c3. 
-lfo 1 , square shape, destination osc1 freq, smallest amount (1) and frequency ~75 (frequency doesnt matter)

notice how as you play notes starting at c3 and beyond (assuming c0 is lowest note) you hear something funky going on with the pitch LFO that is causing some ugly distortion.  what is strange is if you set your oscilator to a c2 and then use the transpose feature you can get the sound to sound fine without the distortion (which is going to be my work around for now)

as info, i have done reset globals + calibrate in global menu since patching to latest firmware (to rule that out)

anyone else run into this?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:09:38 AM by extempo »

Re: strange LFO glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »
This was resolved in the 1.1.0.1 BETA OS that's available here on the forum. See the top sticked thread.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »
Ah -- I didn't think to try the beta OS -- should have known this one would get identified and fixed quick!

I just switched to 1.1.0.1 and it is behaving much better now -- the LFOs behave much more consistently across the spectrum of pitches.  Thanks for the quick response!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:48:13 AM »
I downloaded and installed last OS, but I've been experiencing some strange, dirty noise and even a very slow dropping (downwards glide / 'pitch-bend') of just 1 voice it seems. It happend a couple of times when starting from an initial patch. Will try to replicate that soon again...

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:08:20 AM »
I downloaded and installed last OS, but I've been experiencing some strange, dirty noise and even a very slow dropping (downwards glide / 'pitch-bend') of just 1 voice it seems. It happend a couple of times when starting from an initial patch. Will try to replicate that soon again...

I'm locking this thread now since OP's issue has been resolved with the update. If you are experiencing separate issues after updating, please start by recalibrating. If you then continue to experience trouble, contact our technical support directly at support (at) davesmithinstruments (dot) com.
SEQUENTIAL