Mopho Softseq4

cbx

Mopho Softseq4
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
So I am working on a new program, it is inspired by my wish to design a hardware to control the sequencer of the mopho. It features 64 knobs and buttons, and I am going to have creating 'scenes' so you can create a bunch of sequencer patterns and then it can morph or create complex sequences in real-time. I should have it available.

cbx

Re: Mopho Softseq4
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 04:07:45 AM »
Ok for now I put it in the github archive, but I will try to see if I can make an exe so people who don't know python can try it. It's a little ugly right now, but it works.

https://github.com/Gaultus/mopho-hacker-scripts

cbx

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:56:27 AM »
All right so I added the ability to randomize it from about 3 dozen scales and chords. I still need to add some dialogs in and maybe later I will change the graphics so it looks better, but you can have up to 256 scenes and you set how many measures you want a sequence to play and it will go through them sequentially. I have the midi setup to my settings in midi.py, you need to change it to your ports. You can use the clock from the mopho itself if you want to, as I use midi clock messages to count which is 24PPQ.

Maybe later will add more functions on building chaining sequences and having the ability to morph, the only problem is if I send to many NRPNs it can sometimes make the sequencer pause for a second.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:58:40 AM by cbx »

cbx

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:55:08 PM »
Cool, this is why I love Python! Fixed some bugs and now you can use a midi keyboard to enter notes instead of twisting knobs. I also add the ability to copy and paste a scene and still working on improving sequence chains.

This will take advantage of all the things the mopho sequencers can do and I will soon allow the user to setup all the sequencer destinations from a dialog window.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 12:01:55 PM »
Hi CBX,

Are you still working on this project? Your github link does not work.
It's seems like a very cool idea.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
can u put a download link for windows again for try it ? cheers

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »
I'm going to try getting this to work with my prophet 08 -- should about the same -- link here https://github.com/josephdviviano/ProStep