Studiologic Sledge 2.0 Note Sustain Glitch When Syncing With MPC

Hello I am new here. I apologize if this is a common question. I'm using an MPC2000XL with a Sledge 2.0 and when I record a sequence the notes on the sledge hold and stay resounding and droning. The notes will feedback and sometimes play off of each other. I'm new to MIDI production so I don't know if this is a simple settings fix or if my Sledge needs to be maintenanced.
I used the same setup with a MicroKorg instead of the Sledge and there are no similar issues.

I've got the MPC as the clock, running MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN on the Sledge and the reciprocal from the Sledge back to the MPC. I set the Sledge clock to EXT and tell it to receive control but not to send it. On the MPC I switch the source to MIDI and choose the correct input for the signal. Then I press SHIFT+9 and change the Out Sync to MIDI. (Before I did this last step the pads would only play notes sometimes but now they all play and hold as long as the pad is pressed down.)
The feedback/hold occurs whether recording with the MPC pads or playing the Sledge live into the device. When I start the sequence I can play from the keyboard and the MPC will play it back on loop but every note resounds as if they were never told to stop. When I press STOP on the MPC the resounding feedback continues to drone on until I turn the Sledge volume all the way down to set all the notes back to 0.

Is this a noob mistake or faulty gear? I'm stymied...
Thank you in advance.

Re: Studiologic Sledge 2.0 Note Sustain Glitch When Syncing With MPC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:46:59 AM »
Sounds like it could be some kind of MIDI loop.  Do you still get the stuck notes if you disconnect the cable from the MIDI Out of the Sledge?

I'm wondering if the Sledge is using the MIDI Out as an undocumented MIDI Thru, so the notes sent from the MPC are being constantly echoed back through the MIDI Out port of the Sledge.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:52:23 PM »
Ok I tried removing the MIDI OUT from the Sledge and the notes are still stuck. I narrowed down a little more information though. The sticking only occurs when playing 2 or more notes simultaneously. Melodies involving single notes aren't sticking at all. I switched the Sledge out with a Micro Korg and tried the same experiment and it worked well with both note types, no sticking. Thanks for the idea. I'm open to more ideas. I appreciate it.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »
Actually it just happened on the MicroKorg. I thought maybe the Sledge was the issue but maybe it's the MPC.