Prophet 12 programs and layers

Prophet 12 programs and layers
« on: May 02, 2017, 01:19:46 AM »
As some of you know, I built a free CTRLR editor and librarian for the Pro 2.
Some users asked me to adapt the panel and to make a Prophet 12 one.
The issue for me is that I don't have a P12... Just doing this to please and help the community  :)

I started that work and it is progressing very well.
I got the sysex analysis by another user (without that it would have been impossible to manage).
Now, I have some basic question that I wouldn't have to raise if I had the synth.
Working a bit blind here. Sorry for that...

P12 programs have a name and are made of 2 layers. Looking at the NRPN documentation in the manual, layer A has a name and layer B has a name. Hence my questions:
- Is the name of a program the name of Layer A?
- When moving from one program to the next, do you only see on the screen the program name or also the layers names?
- When you switch layers on the synth, is the name of the current layer shown or the current program?

It would be nice if some of you could explain this program/layer name display or even better to provide me some screenshots.

Thx in advance  8)

RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

W07

Re: Prophet 12 programs and layers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »
after looking for an alternative for librarian purposes, i gave in and payed a ridiculous 70 dollars for the soundtower editor, and all i do with it is back up adn arrange the order my patches. so thumbs up to your your initiative!

when i import and export programs, A and B are combined and carry the name of layer A. when i switch to the b layer on the synth, the name of patch b is displayed. initialising/switching to a new patch shows layer A. the only time  you can browse b separately is when you hit save, an edit menu appears with the names and location of each patch (eg U1P22A """""" and u2P22B """""") you can use a dial when you are in the name field of b to scroll through the patches. the scrolling shows all patches serial, with a following b (U1P1A U1P1B U1P2A U1P2B etc) hopefully this answers your questions. best of luck!

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:18:03 AM »
after looking for an alternative for librarian purposes, i gave in and payed a ridiculous 70 dollars for the soundtower editor, and all i do with it is back up adn arrange the order my patches. so thumbs up to your your initiative!

when i import and export programs, A and B are combined and carry the name of layer A. when i switch to the b layer on the synth, the name of patch b is displayed. initialising/switching to a new patch shows layer A. the only time  you can browse b separately is when you hit save, an edit menu appears with the names and location of each patch (eg U1P22A """""" and u2P22B """""") you can use a dial when you are in the name field of b to scroll through the patches. the scrolling shows all patches serial, with a following b (U1P1A U1P1B U1P2A U1P2B etc) hopefully this answers your questions. best of luck!

Thx for your reply! I also got replies and pictures on GS. So I'm now fine with this.
You will be able to switch layers A/B for editing, load/save programs, move/copy single layers between the programs of 2 banks (disk/user) and also, as on the Pro2 panel I made, manage programs between 6 banks (2 disks, 4 users).

Now I'm looking for some simple Prophet12 single program dumps:
- Init program
- Init program with only Unison On (or Off, just need to be contrary of Init program)
- Init program with only Detune at max
- Init program with only mode at max
- Init program with only key assign at max
- and a few Init program with any single parameter set at max so I can double check what I already have (please mention what param you used)

Just export the single program dumps using Global - Dump Current Program... I'll fix the rest.

Thx 8)
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

W07

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 04:12:45 AM »
i don't think i fullly understand. is the init patch with detune at max for the unison? cause there are lots of ways to detune single oscillators. also, i don't know what key assign and mode mean.

mode is perhaps  A and B seperate, split and layered?

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:37:34 AM »
i don't think i fullly understand. is the init patch with detune at max for the unison? cause there are lots of ways to detune single oscillators. also, i don't know what key assign and mode mean.

mode is perhaps  A and B seperate, split and layered?

Misunderstanding  ;)
I just requested different Init programs with only 1 parameter adapted to its max position so I can identify its sysex position.
Will get some help by a P12 owner via Skype so, we'll fix it. Thx!