"No Free Slots"

"No Free Slots"
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
I'm trying to enter a note on the sequencer for a bassline, right where i want the note - the slot is empty, but the tempest is telling me "no free slots" instead of Insert Note... Why is this so? This message appears on all tracks in this position for some reason :(
I have 6 sounds, all allocated to a voice, so I know there's nothing else playing on that voice at that time.
Any idea why this is happening?
OS 1.4.4

Re: "No Free Slots"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:14:31 PM »
I'm trying to enter a note on the sequencer for a bassline, right where i want the note - the slot is empty, but the tempest is telling me "no free slots" instead of Insert Note... Why is this so? This message appears on all tracks in this position for some reason :(
I have 6 sounds, all allocated to a voice, so I know there's nothing else playing on that voice at that time.
Any idea why this is happening?
OS 1.4.4

The sequencer is limited. I believe it was 8 notes per step.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 12:40:33 AM »
Ah, i see.
Good to know, thank you.
Looks like i'll need to do some slot nudging :P

I'm actually beginning to be thankful for some of the Tempest's limitations, however annoying many of them are.
It forces me to get resourceful, which is what i miss about the "old days" :D
with my Tascam four track and HR16 i actually ended up doing some really cool shit.
Just because that was all I had.
Now i have so many options in my studio i decided to limit my live set, and it's actually turning out to be a good thing, i think :P

RobH

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 04:51:23 AM »
Ah, i see.
Good to know, thank you.
Looks like i'll need to do some slot nudging :P

I'm actually beginning to be thankful for some of the Tempest's limitations, however annoying many of them are.
It forces me to get resourceful, which is what i miss about the "old days" :D
with my Tascam four track and HR16 i actually ended up doing some really cool shit.
Just because that was all I had.
Now i have so many options in my studio i decided to limit my live set, and it's actually turning out to be a good thing, i think :P

I came across this a while back, i actually thought it was limited to 6 and was like that because of the voices limit, but I never actually counted so it could easily be 8, I usually have a spare channel of hats or some crap to delete lmao

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 07:34:16 AM »
yeah funnily enough that was my problem, i had 6 pads out of eight that all happened to be playing on the same 16th note, but I then realised had 2 pads that I'd forgotten because i'd muted them and they weren't assigned to any voices :P
so yeah, the limit must be 8 simultaneous slots.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »
The limit is definitely 8 slots, I've encountered it on a number of occasions

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »
Let me know how to resolve it.