No sound in Live mode

No sound in Live mode
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:00:13 AM »
Hi there,

Presets play fine - i have set the oscillator volumes on full, zero attacks, decay and sustain up. filters are open (except hpf). am i missing something? zero sound. have OS 1.1 installed. help would be appreciated.

Sacred Synthesis

Re: No sound in Live mode
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:06:17 AM »

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 02:53:09 AM »
Thanks - preset/write works. That should really be in the manual. Ok another issue that seems to be in live mode - I get a pretty horrid click almost no matter how much I adapt the envelopes - except if I have a slow attack or high release. It's almost as if the click is on the release....after touch and all modulation are off. Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »
Just to add this happens to me in presets as well. Usually if i have attach at zero and then being the decay down and up again. It is giving the same click that u get with all amp envelope values at zero. Really hoping that is just a characteristic rather than a fault. Other than this - the p6 is literally the perfect synth!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »
I don't know if your issue is related to the LFO routed to the envelope, but see this thread from the other forum:

http://dsiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7298 

If the click is related to the attack phase, see this thread:

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,128.0.html
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:19:05 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 06:09:38 AM »
thanks - this is definitely a click related to the attach as it occurs with zero lfo routing. however, your 2nd thread topic is to do with a prophet 08 not prophet 06. im assuming this is just my prophet then.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »
My Guess is that there is nothing wrong with your keyboard, any synth with fast envelopes and free running oscillators will cause a click type sound, if you increase the env attack does it go away?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »
Your 2nd thread topic is to do with a Prophet 08 not prophet 06. im assuming this is just my prophet then.

Right.  But this is a problem that many analog synthesizers have had, both old and new.  The Prophet '08 post offers a few solutions, if nothing else works.