Novastation peak any competition

MDMA

Re: Novastation peak any competition
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:10:18 AM »
If the Rev doesn't get released soon then maybe lol!! I'm hankering for a new synth and whichever get released first will be mine  :D
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

MasterVe

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
I'm waiting on Rev2 myself but the peak is lighting a little spark. I need to be able to record more than one track at a time so the Rev2 can record
2 tracks so I might just wait for Rev2.

I wish prophet Rev2 had 4 track recordings like Roland jdxi that's the only thing Roland jdxi has that I like
U don't have to go back and forth with the jdxi. Work flow is very important.

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »
I'm waiting on Rev2 myself but the peak is lighting a little spark. I need to be able to record more than one track at a time so the Rev2 can record
2 tracks so I might just wait for Rev2.

I wish prophet Rev2 had 4 track recordings like Roland jdxi that's the only thing Roland jdxi has that I like
U don't have to go back and forth with the jdxi. Work flow is very important.

This is why I have no interest in the Rev2. Why just two patches at once? Why is that a huge deal? Multitimbrality is where it's at. I want 4 patches at once at least.

MasterVe

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
I would love to record a bass on track 1 lead on track 2 strings on track 3
Arp on track 4 I can't record 1 track
On computer then 2 track to me it just kills the vibe

The salutation for me is to just
Have three synth toraiz as1 prophet Rev2 and novation peak on different
Midi track with toraiz sp16 hopefully the toraiz sp16 lets me do midi tracks

Don't want to buy the akai

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:53 PM »
I would love to record a bass on track 1 lead on track 2 strings on track 3
Arp on track 4 I can't record 1 track
On computer then 2 track to me it just kills the vibe

The salutation for me is to just
Have three synth toraiz as1 prophet Rev2 and novation peak on different
Midi track with toraiz sp16 hopefully the toraiz sp16 lets me do midi tracks

Don't want to buy the akai

I am in the same conundrum but I might look into the Engine sequencer.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 06:41:23 AM »
I want the keyboard and the build quality im used to with the ob6 and tempest so the rev 2 withh 16 voices is my bag baby. The rev 2 should be in my hands by late may /early June so im chill.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
Peak has definitely peaked my interest. The Deepmind is also not out of the equation. Lots of options out there. I figure when my REV2 is finally in stock Ill go to the store and try it and the Deepmind to see what I like. If the Peak is also there then great!

MasterVe

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
REV 2 first peak 2 depending on
Review want be in stock at my local
Guitar center I have the toraiz sp16
And the tempest I want the toraiz as1
But I'm having mix feelings about toraiz as1 and The peak . I like the price of deep mind 12 desktop

Behringer synth I'm not really onboard yet.

wavelogue

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »
Peak looks really cool and sound great, but not looking for another module as I already have a Prophet 12M. Rev2 is going to be my board for the win.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 09:40:06 PM »
I'd like to understand the desire for multi timbral.  To me, it seems like that desire is akin to turning the synth into a workstation, e.g., Motif.  That's not what the Rev 2 is.  For me, I never liked the synth/workstation concept.   A computer DAW has been a better fit for me.
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 05:48:31 AM »
I'd like to understand the desire for multi timbral.  To me, it seems like that desire is akin to turning the synth into a workstation, e.g., Motif.  That's not what the Rev 2 is.  For me, I never liked the synth/workstation concept.   A computer DAW has been a better fit for me.

Four parts (layers) is just about right for a (solo) performance-oriented instrument.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »
Fair enough.  I never really thought about using the instrument in that manner.   So, how many parts would you sequence vs. playing live?  I'm just trying to get my head around this.
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

LoboLives

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »
Fair enough.  I never really thought about using the instrument in that manner.   So, how many parts would you sequence vs. playing live?  I'm just trying to get my head around this.

https://youtu.be/ATiPkfmGL4g

Alesis Andromeda

https://youtu.be/eZDRjShxrms

ARP Quadra.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:19:26 PM by LoboLives »

dslsynth

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
Neat examples, LoboLives! You can say these are very keyboard player specific techniques. There are other use cases such as MPE and multi-timbral sequencing where it would make very much sense for a module.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

LoboLives

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 06:35:12 PM »
Neat examples, LoboLives! You can say these are very keyboard player specific techniques. There are other use cases such as MPE and multi-timbral sequencing where it would make very much sense for a module.

The Andromeda could have 16 different sequences playing on sixteen different patches all synced in time. I mean...for analog...that's mind blowing.

MasterVe

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »
For me I make music on instinct I don't have a plan
So I don't want to record a bass into logic
Then go back and record synth part it just kills
My work  flow. this is just my opinion it's like sex sometimes
You want to get in do your thingy and keep it movin thats why I have
Allen and Heath qu 16 love it.

MasterVe

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »

The Andromeda could have 16 different sequences playing on sixteen different patches all synced in time. I mean...for analog...that's mind blowing.

MasterVe

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 06:56:47 PM »
Fun times by Master Ve https://soundcloud.com/master-ve/fun-times on #SoundCloud